Sponsored by:

AIM SOLO + SmartyCam HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:13 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Default AIM SOLO + SmartyCam HELP

Hey all, first time hooking up my AIM SOLO DL and SmartyCam and I am getting an error on the DL saying unknown device disconnect it! when the SmartyCam is hooked up. I didn't get a manual with my smartycam and there isn't much in the AIM manual...does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you verified that both units have the latest firmware? Is the SC an older non-hd camera or newer HD? Both should work with the DL. Go here for firmware download http://aim-sportline.com/eng/download/firmware.htm
Old 04-19-2017, 10:10 PM
marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a similar issue with my solo DL and 1st gen non-hd smartycam, what worked for me was reverting the DL to an older software version. For some reason the newer software was creating an issue with the DL not recognizing the older camera...hope this helps
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
Have you verified that both units have the latest firmware? Is the SC an older non-hd camera or newer HD? Both should work with the DL. Go here for firmware download http://aim-sportline.com/eng/download/firmware.htm
Originally Posted by marcus1249
I had a similar issue with my solo DL and 1st gen non-hd smartycam, what worked for me was reverting the DL to an older software version. For some reason the newer software was creating an issue with the DL not recognizing the older camera...hope this helps
Interesting. I will update the smartycam now and see if that helps. The solo works alone so if this doesn't work I will try your suggestion marcus.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Contact Peter Krause - He fixed all the issues I was having with that exact set up. I think his name here is ProCoach

Quick Reply: AIM SOLO + SmartyCam HELP