Sponsored by:

NE Bucket List Track Quest

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 08:16 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NE Bucket List Track Quest

Looking to check off a few bucket list tracks in the Northeast next year. Need to get to the Glen, Lime Rock and Mosport (sorry, Canadian Tire Park). Ideally, would like to do all three on one road trip, but that's likely difficult to schedule. Could end up leaving car and rig somewhere for a few weeks and fly back and forth.

Anyway, I wanted to get recommendations from you guys on really good events/organizations at these tracks. Has anyone else out there done this? Appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:53 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

HCP PCA Cups N' Saucers @ The Glen......May 10-11.... awesome event
Niagara open track event @Glen, early June.... must sign up midnight, New Year's Eve or wait listed... sells out in 15 hours.
Apex driving events.....lots of track time, well run events, serious coaching talent and instruction available.
Hope this helps
Old 11-19-2016, 08:53 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

What level run group?
Cups and Saucers at the Glen is great fun in May, but you need to be in White or above.
Consider adding Tremblant to that list.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:54 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
What level run group?
Cups and Saucers at the Glen is great fun in May, but you need to be in White or above.
Consider adding Tremblant to that list.
SCOTT beat me to it (re Cups)
Old 11-20-2016, 01:14 AM
noturavgm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the Glen: Niagara, RTR, or Trackmasters.

Sadly never done Mosport.

For Lime Rock look at Track Time 4 Cars. LRP is seriously expensive and they get you the best bang for your buck. Most LRP events I've seen/attended are one day.

Chin Motorsports 2017 calendar drops this Monday. They will surely have a few WGI events.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

PCA North Country Region (NCR) does a two-day event at LRP, usually in June.

PCA Northeast Region (NER) does a three-day event (Fri, Sat, Sun) at WGI in August.

Apex does LRP (one day events) and WGI (a two-day event), and gives you a huge amount of track time compared to other clubs, with the emphasis on coaching. It's a lot more expensive, however.

Next year's events are generally not yet scheduled, so you'll have to check back early in 2017.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:07 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,576 Posts

If you go on clubregistration.net and you can check out what PCA regions are running at which tracks.

Lime Rock Park is Connecticut Valley Region's (CVR) home track so try to see if you have a date which works with us.

If you are barnstorming through and have time you should check out Palmer in Massachusetts.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:16 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the additional ideas. MotorsportsReg and Clubregistration don't have much up yet for 2017. My thinking was that most clubs have the same general dates blocked out each year at the same tracks... just doing research right now to see if we can piece together a trip that makes sense.

Is Palmer the new track outside Boston? Saw some early pics during construction and it looked like it was going to be awesome!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:22 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

6th Gear (open track all day) and EA (2 run groups--30min on/off all day) have posted their 2017 Mosport dates for advanced drivers. $$$ but tons of track time.

6thgear.ca
engineeredautomotive.com

Gary
Old 11-20-2016, 01:55 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by guardsredcab
Is Palmer the new track outside Boston? Saw some early pics during construction and it looked like it was going to be awesome!
Palmer is in central MA, about 1-1/2 hours west of Boston. Personally I think it's a great track. Very technical but fun.
http://palmermotorsportspark.com/
Old 11-20-2016, 02:06 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 561 Posts

For the Glen:
NRPCA (Niagara Region) events are on clubreg and sell out fast. Been running with them for many years. Lots of fun, well run.

ARPCA (Alleghany Region) is my home club. They've come leaps and bounds and also sell out every event the past few years. I can highly recommend (and I chose to run with Niagara before my own club because at the time I preferred Niagara). ARPCA uses MSR.

I register Jan 1 to ensure a spot.

Niagara is usually end of May (track days are Mon/Tue). Alleghany is mid-May (usually over Mother's Day weekend). Niagara also does their advanced solo in July (never attended) and their early October DE (also Mon/Tue - never miss it!).

Two years ago I did Mosport with UCR for the club race/Advanced solo "DE" (no instruction - solo only run groups in between club races). Did all three days. Had a spectacular time! Great hospitality by UCR - super nice people. Would have gone again this year but concussion recovery prevented it. Hope to be there next year.

You might also consider stopping at PittRace. With the south track addition it's now 2.8 miles with significant elevation change. North track is being repaved (started Oct 1) and will match the south circuit next year. ARPCA is the home club but lots of clubs will run there next season. I would not make the trip to run either track (north or south) by itself - but the full circuit is worth travel. Chin was there this past year and I suspect will return.

I'm under 30 min from PittRace. It takes me about 5 hours to get to WGI, and 5 to Mosport. Lime Rock is on the list! And Palmer.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

If you can swing it, hit Mont Tremblant. It's a fantastic track.

For LRP, watch to see if the days are just the club or with the Lime Rock Drivers club. It makes a big difference in track time and how the day flows.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:45 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Thanks all... Looks like the Niagara Region has May 29 & 30 at the Glen and Upper Canada has Mosport June 2-4. Those fit together pretty well.

Now just have to find events at LRP, Mt Tremblant, Palmer, PittRace...

I keep adding tracks to my list based on your suggestions... I may have to spend the entire summer up there. Only two problems...I have to find time for my job and $$$
Old 11-20-2016, 07:59 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 157 Posts

What northeast tracks have you run?
Old 11-20-2016, 09:19 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

None!

Quick Reply: NE Bucket List Track Quest