Sponsored by:

FS: Traqmate system with dash and camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 01:59 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts
Default FS: Traqmate system with dash and camera

Everything you see here. Traqdash and Racecam with integration bits. CF mounting plate for dash.

$600 USD + shipping

I can ship from the US next week or from Canada anytime.

All in good order, will be lovingly and carefully packed.
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2016, 02:04 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,853 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Man, that RaceCam HD is rare! That was $1500 for the camera alone. http://www.racecamhd.com/

This is a great way to start with a good, basic system at great savings. Still valuable and supported. GLWS.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-15-2016, 04:58 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Man, that RaceCam HD is rare! That was $1500 for the camera alone. http://www.racecamhd.com/

This is a great way to start with a good, basic system at great savings. Still valuable and supported. GLWS.
Isn't traqmate out of business?
Old 10-15-2016, 05:20 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

^ Traqmate is no longer making new hardware but they will continue to support product with spare parts and service.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Isn't traqmate out of business?
Traqmate is not out of business. They are, however, no longer producing new systems.

Glenn Stephens, the head of the company, and Andre Surles, the chief engineer, still provide support, parts and repairs for all three models of Traqmate made since 2004. The Basic, Classic and TraqDash models.

As a dealer that sold more than eight hundred systems in twelve years (and still use my pair of trusty Basics with a GoPro, every now and then), it's a great, simple and easy to use system that does ONE thing NO other system or software can.

The video theoretical best lap, all the best segments from an entire session stitched together into ONE video lap, is an exceptional tool and one still very valuable. No more questions on gear, line, et cetera, to duplicate THAT TBL.

The TBL is often significantly quicker than the actual fast lap, especially in DE settings often inhibited by lapped traffic. Using this tool to link it all together can be very valuable.

Worth the money, for sure...
Old 10-15-2016, 06:02 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 764 Likes on 387 Posts

How does one stay in business by supporting discontinued products while not selling any new products?

Do they have new products coming out? What is their plan?

Last edited by winders; 10-15-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Scott, you're handled. You've got the right stuff for you.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:13 PM
WHITECAR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traqmate

Hello..
Interested, please pm me on next step

Thanks,
Bob
Old 10-15-2016, 06:27 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

^ responded
Old 10-15-2016, 09:43 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by winders
How does one stay in business by supporting discontinued products while not selling any new products?

Scott, you're handled. You've got the right stuff for you.
Excuse me, Peter. But where do you get off telling me what questions I can or cannot ask?

Again:

Old 10-15-2016, 10:28 PM
winders
Race Car

I found this:

https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5...king-hardware/

It would appear they want to become a "service" company. I am not sure what that could mean.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by winders
Excuse me, Peter. But where do you get off telling me what questions I can or cannot ask?

Again:

Jeez, Scott. You are thick, sometimes. Not sure where you're going with this but I can tell you anything I want, in any post I want. You never hesitate... It's a free country, at least right now.

They have plenty of parts to service Basic, Classic and TraqDash displays and boards for the sensor unit, as well as cables in stock. Their economics have not been shared with anyone that I know of except for the three investors, one of which is the owner.

Go ahead and call him. Not sure why you would want or need to. They did not keep pace with OBDII, CAN or other interfaces to log vehicle info easily. That and several abortive stabs at cheap video solutions really left them behind the eight ball.

They not shared any plans for new product release. Their plan right now is to service and support their existing customer base, which is near ten thousand units, AFAIK.

These units, like other out of production loggers like the Race Technology DL-1's, AiM MXL's and EVO3's, will work indefinitely if taken care of. When they quit, there is the option of getting them fixed or pitching them. The Traqmate Traqview software works with everything from XP through Windows 10, so there's no real operating issues, AFAIK.

Unlike the Pi and Stack systems, which run DOS... You're SOL for them. Not supported even though Cosworth bought the company several years ago. At least TM is standing behind their product.

For $600, I think Matt's ($3500 new) system is a hell of a deal. The only service item I am aware of is periodic replacement of the 3.3v GPS antenna. Replace them every few years and you'll be all set. The TraqDash had a faulty gasket in the original production, but I sold Matt this one (IIRC) and it's late production.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:23 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I agree Peter. The TM guys could have just as easily said "That's all folks". I've got a TM and the TraqData, and a camera and I've been tempted. If I didn't, I jump on it in a heartbeat. The fact that they are still servicing existing customers is a good thing and rare these days.

Oh, and you can replace the antenna with just about any one on Ebay, so you don't even have to go back to TM for that.

For $200 more than a Solo, a lot more functionality here. GLWS.

-Mike
Old 10-15-2016, 11:29 PM
winders
Race Car

Jeez, Scott. You are thick, sometimes. Not sure where you're going with this but I can tell you anything I want, in any post I want. You never hesitate... It's a free country, at least right now.
Thick? Hardly.

Of course you can write anything you want. But you don't have any business attempting to control what questions I ask. You try and you are going to get called on it, every time.

Where am I going with my questions about Traqmate? It has nothing to do with items listed for sale. Your post about Traqmate not being out of business yet still proving service and support is what got me curious. It's unusual for a business to stop selling product but still operate with no apparent revenue stream if they had no plans for new products or some other new way to make money moving forward. Hence my questions.

Now, I have no idea what agenda you thought I had, but simple curiosity is what prompted my questions. So just back the hell off.....
Old 10-15-2016, 11:30 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Regardless, as ProCoach stated, this is a heck of deal. I think it would easily bring $900+ on eBay. GLWS.

Quick Reply: FS: Traqmate system with dash and camera