Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

280+ degree oil temp at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts

By the way, OP. If you are in the network and conclude that a Redline product is your choice, I may be able to provide you with an extremely local resource (as in San Carlos/RWC area).

Do you use a shop for maintenance and repairs? Which one?

Also, I might ping JWE. They have some experience with water-cooled flat sixes. Jerry Woods is a fantastic resource.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:04 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts

Hey thanks, track season is over for me this year, so for the oil change last weekend I used Mobil1, but yes when the season starts again next year, would love to.
I know that Kohlweis in RC once had Redline, but you had to have them order it if you needed more.

I usually do most of the work myself, and otherwise either go to Don's Autowerks or Flintworks
Old 10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts

I see.

Since you are local, I encourage you to tap into local resources, like I suggested at the beginning of this thread.

There is an excellent opportunity to network coming up at he end of the month at Sears Point. Its the 15th annual Porsches at the Point. I will be there.

Lots of folks with vast experience will be there.

One of the DE groups will be run by PCA-GGR so if your time and budget allows, I'd consider getting in this one more event. Even if you don't drive, come on up and meet some folks.

Tap into the local brain trust!

- Mike

Quick Reply: 280+ degree oil temp at the track