Sponsored by:

cool shirt for the head?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:39 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cool shirt for the head?

anyone use a cool shirt with a hood? I thought I was one was available somewhere.

I'm going to be doing an endurance race at cota in august. want to stay as cool as possible. The car has a cool suit system, but thats it
Old 06-28-2016, 02:12 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Cool-shirt makes one. Works well, but can be an awkward fit, esp if helmet is already snug. There's a couple of new products coming out, cool-shirt in conjunction with Traqgear. Look promising
Old 06-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I have a CS hoodie, love it and hope it lasts until Traqgear comes out with a head cooling system. Nothing better when sitting in race staging on a 90F day than those hoses on your neck!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:44 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ A cool head and neck is the best. The cool short hoodie works well, love mine and I'm a sweating machine.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

"Works well, but can be an awkward fit, esp if helmet is already snug."

+1.

I'll need to buy a slightly larger helmet but its worth it for the cool head factor.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Cool Shirt Cool-a-Clava

Cool Shirt hoodies are 50/50 - some like them, some don't. Cool Shirt is in final stages of coming up with a thin insert that would go inside the helmet and connect to your existing cool water shirt hookups. Estimated pricing is $50-60 and we are hoping to see them become available within the next 2-4 weeks.

Here's the link but we don't have pricing yet. Saw a prototype at the PRI show in December and it was super thin but cool to the touch. No thick tubing in the head area like the hoodies.

http://www.apexperformance.net/Cool-...OON_p_785.html

Traqgear is also working on a neat cooling balaclava that will work similar. They had some prototypes at the recent PCA Club Race at VIR and fine tuning that product.

Lastly, if ROUX ever gets moving on their helmets, they will offer a model that has tubing manufactured inside the helmet that will hook up to your cooling system. Hoping to see those by end of summer????

Stay tuned!

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm holding out for the Traqgear product, will buy one of their SFI cool shirts at the same time as I love the current SFI shirt I got from them!
Old 06-29-2016, 07:14 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
Cool Shirt hoodies are 50/50 - some like them, some don't. Cool Shirt is in final stages of coming up with a thin insert that would go inside the helmet and connect to your existing cool water shirt hookups. Estimated pricing is $50-60 and we are hoping to see them become available within the next 2-4 weeks.

Here's the link but we don't have pricing yet. Saw a prototype at the PRI show in December and it was super thin but cool to the touch. No thick tubing in the head area like the hoodies.

http://www.apexperformance.net/Cool-...OON_p_785.html

Traqgear is also working on a neat cooling balaclava that will work similar. They had some prototypes at the recent PCA Club Race at VIR and fine tuning that product.

Lastly, if ROUX ever gets moving on their helmets, they will offer a model that has tubing manufactured inside the helmet that will hook up to your cooling system. Hoping to see those by end of summer????

Stay tuned!
Any chance I can claim one of the cool a clava's if the come in time for the race? I'd rather not pay $230 for a hoodie shirt if there is a better solution that might make it in time. if they dont come in, then ill grab a hoodie
Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzyj
Any chance I can claim one of the cool a clava's if the come in time for the race? I'd rather not pay $230 for a hoodie shirt if there is a better solution that might make it in time. if they dont come in, then ill grab a hoodie
Email me at Linda@apexperformance.net and I'll let you know when they come in. Cool shirt said at least 2 weeks so my opinion is 3-4 to be safe.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:29 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm part of the 50% that dislikes the CS hoodie. It makes my helmet fit WAY too tight. Look forward to seeing how this new solution works.

Quick Reply: cool shirt for the head?