Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my blut orange longhood Spec 911 (+ a goodbye for now)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:33 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Selling my blut orange longhood Spec 911 (+ a goodbye for now)

Hey guys,

I've finally decided to part ways with my car. It's fully sorted. Simply set the alignment to your preferences and enjoy. NASA and PCA logbooks were last active in Oct '14. All that needs to be updated are the driver's belts (dated out). Everything else is still current.

First $46k obo takes it.

I've posted it in the RL classifieds, but I doubt racers look there very often, so here is a link:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ut-orange.html

Aluminum trailer can be included in sale for an extra $4k.

Sorry to leave this sport after so many years, but other recreations beckon. It's been a hell of a run: I can't believe how much I learned, all the good folks I've met, and all the crazy memories I have accrued since starting out as a novice DE guy in the late '90s. A decade+ of instructing, 2 years as CDI, then came an incredible two seasons of w2w racing. Wow. Sometimes I still wake up at 2am dreaming that I'm late to grid, or that I'm on a new track in the rain and first-timers in GT3 Cups are all around me! Does anyone know how long this will linger? Should I see a doctor? lol

This is a really good car with a lot of charm, pace & history. Spec911 is a really good class.

I hope it will make the next owner as happy as it made me.

Cheers,
John
Old 06-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

As someone that just completed a Spec911 build from scratch, I can attest that this is a great deal. So much cheaper to buy John's car. Spec911 is a great group, no where else will you find a grid of 30 Porsche's racing in the same class.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:42 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Things must be different on the left coast. I've never seen more then two in the NE.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Things must be different on the left coast. I've never seen more then two in the NE.
Beautiful car. On the east coast if you show up with a SP911 you win!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:15 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 759 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
They are.

We have seen Spec 911 fields as large as 30 cars! If you want to win the Spec 911 class out here, you have to earn it!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

This is a nice car. I know both previous owners have enjoyed it. Sorry to see it being sold now and hope it goes to another good home.

And I hope that the current owner wears a helmet when he goes FLAT Out! on the ski slopes.

Spec911 is a great class-- I think we have had about 40+ cars built to the spec since its inception, primarily here in NorCal.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:59 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 80 Posts

Bump. Car is still available. I added more photos to the ad (see first post for link). Thanks & happy Monday!

Quick Reply: Selling my blut orange longhood Spec 911 (+ a goodbye for now)