Sponsored by:

Video on Enclosed Trailer Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Video on Enclosed Trailer Selection

In this Video you see an ATC trailer with the "ESP" door on the drivers side of the trailer as well as the removable fender liner. https://youtu.be/5V3UMRP79Rs
You'll see what you get with the basic hauler, in contrast to the deluxe. As the man mentions, you get what you pay for.

The same feature is also available on the Becker (beckercustomtrailers.com). I love this feature. It makes getting out of the car while in the trailer a cinch. I am ordering one today.

Sold the open Trailex....needed year round enclosed storage for the car. Living in the country (The boonies), we have mice" that just love to eat wiring. Can't store the car on site unless it is in an enclosed trailer or a SeaTrain container. Now how ugly is a SeaTrain container?

Wifey insisted...she didn't like paying the $260 a month storage bill for the Trailex and car. OK just had to agree with her on this one...now I have gone full circle, from an enclosed Hallmark that I kept for about 8 years, to a Featherlite open, next a Trailex open, and now to the Becker.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:55 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Becker trailers are just branded ATCs FYI
Old 02-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Becker and ATC

I have been trailer shopping for a while...I did learn a few things from that video.

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Becker trailers are just branded ATCs FYI
That is what I have heard...be that as it may, I'll take an ATC or a Becker, just give me that pop up drivers side door. There is an ATC with a V nose, shore power, cabinets, every imaginable feature...but well over $20,000, a little rich for my blood. The "Umbrella" for Becker and ATC also make the following brands: PJ, Bravo, United and NEO.

It seems ATC has only been around about 13 years, I read in the URL below. It's funny I have yet to see a Becker, but have seen a few ATCs. If I had seen that pop up door...I'd of had one long before now....I'll have on in about 60 days, optioned out just the way I want it.

http://www.aluminumtrailer.com/aboutUs.php

Last edited by Martin S.; 02-29-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:20 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 745 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
...now I have gone full circle, from an enclosed Hallmark that I kept for about 8 years, to a Featherlite open, next a Trailex open, and now to the Becker.
Welcome back!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default I hope you are...

Enjoying living in my town...I am a bit of a saint at times.

Martin, aka San Martin {Accent on the "T"}
Old 02-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I have been trailer shopping for a while...I did learn a few things from that video.

That is what I have heard...be that as it may, I'll take an ATC or a Becker, just give me that pop up drivers side door. There is an ATC with a V nose, shore power, cabinets, every imaginable feature...but well over $20,000, a little rich for my blood. The "Umbrella" for Becker and ATC also make the following brands: PJ, Bravo, United and NEO.

It seems ATC has only been around about 13 years, I read in the URL below. It's funny I have yet to see a Becker, but have seen a few ATCs. If I had seen that pop up door...I'd of had one long before now....I'll have on in about 60 days, optioned out just the way I want it.

http://www.aluminumtrailer.com/aboutUs.php
ATC makes great trailers, they can and will work w/ you to develop the perfect trailer for you.

I'm still debating flat front vs V nose, if nothing else the v-nose gives more space for a winch.

JMO but I like aluminum floors too.

It's worth going through the floor and car plan on the floor to locate the tie downs where they will work best. Stock locations will usually be too much inboard, but it depends on where the car tie points are. A versatile alternative to D-rings is Versa track. As w/ D-rings positioning is key to usefulness.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM
tonypai
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Containers make great storage!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:58 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Having an enclosed trailex, the one thing I do really like about most other enclosed trailers is the flip down ramp vs. having to pull out the ramps and attach it. Saves your back.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:28 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rnh204
Having an enclosed trailex, the one thing I do really like about most other enclosed trailers is the flip down ramp vs. having to pull out the ramps and attach it. Saves your back.
I've always wondered why the enclosed Trailex doesn't have the rear door acting as a ramp and instead uses the 2 pullout ramps as they do with the open versions.
Is it the lightness of the construction? Inherited from the open trailers?
Admittedly even with a drop down door many owners would still need race ramps.
BTW, even the aluminum trailer drop down ramps can be fairly heavy. Fortunately the spring assist can be adjusted.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I've always wondered why the enclosed Trailex doesn't have the rear door acting as a ramp and instead uses the 2 pullout ramps as they do with the open versions.
Is it the lightness of the construction? Inherited from the open trailers?
Admittedly even with a drop down door many owners would still need race ramps.
BTW, even the aluminum trailer drop down ramps can be fairly heavy. Fortunately the spring assist can be adjusted.
It's the height of the deck, this causes the ramp length to be much longer than w/ a lower deck and beavertail. The door height would need to be almost doubled to get the required ramp length.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
It's the height of the deck, this causes the ramp length to be much longer than w/ a lower deck and beavertail. The door height would need to be almost doubled to get the required ramp length.
Thank you, Bill
Old 02-29-2016, 06:04 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I've always wondered why the enclosed Trailex doesn't have the rear door acting as a ramp and instead uses the 2 pullout ramps as they do with the open versions. Is it the lightness of the construction? Inherited from the open trailers? Admittedly even with a drop down door many owners would still need race ramps. BTW, even the aluminum trailer drop down ramps can be fairly heavy. Fortunately the spring assist can be adjusted.
Well for trailex I think the bones of the structure in the enclosed trailer is similar to their open trailer, the 8045. Makes for a light package I would presume. I've towed with both and the similarities are there which makes sense from an economical stand point.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:32 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i spent alot of time searching for a used trailer with driver side door. Bought it, never used it since i already have a winch to pull my car in.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 02-29-2016, 07:47 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

My brand new ATC CH305
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Video on Enclosed Trailer Selection