Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video on Enclosed Trailer Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 PM
vr4henry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

audipwr1 -- are you towing the ATC with the Cayenne? I'd love to replace my trailex enclosed but it tows so nicely behind even a mediocre SUV (old suburban 2500 in my case)
Old 02-29-2016, 10:34 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
Steve, can you tell me who makes your folding ramps? Looks like some that were (I think) called Buffalo and are no longer made.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:07 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

I have an enclosed Trailex and the pull out ramps can be a pain, but onc feature I have learned to love that I never thought about is the rear door that flips up vs. Acting as a ramp. I'm in Seattle and it obviously rains here a lot... Now when loading with the rear door open I am out of the rain when tying the car down. I also like that when I close the back door it's still dry in the trailer. On my last featherlite enclosed the whole back door and first 1' or so of the trailer would get wet. A dry trailer is a happy trailer.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:37 AM
zadar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am shopping for enclosed myself right now. Got down to 3, all aluminum. ATC, Aluma and Feathelite.
Almost set on Featherlite mostly due to V nose, most motorhome friendly.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:58 AM
GMP911
Advanced

Originally Posted by zadar
I am shopping for enclosed myself right now. Got down to 3, all aluminum. ATC, Aluma and Feathelite.
Almost set on Featherlite mostly due to V nose, most motorhome friendly.
I would also suggest you look at inTech trailers - I just ordered one first class custom ordering process. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Have to agree here...

Originally Posted by rnh204
Having an enclosed trailex, the one thing I do really like about most other enclosed trailers is the flip down ramp vs. having to pull out the ramps and attach it. Saves your back.
Pulling ramps out, if you have a back problem, can be a bear. Basically if you have a lower back problem, pulling out ramps and lifting them to their attachment point would seem counter intuitive to best practices.

I happen to have a touch of that malady, one of the main reasons I am going back to an enclosed trailer.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default That's a little piece ...

Originally Posted by audipwr1
My brand new ATC CH305
...of heaven in there. What does it weigh dry, and the approximate cost? You can PM me on the cost if that would be better, or keep it confidential, that's your call.

With all the various options offered, getting pricing on enclosed trailers can be a pain in the butt. I have been working with Scott Rausch (702) 802 1564 (Las Vegas). He has been very responsive and helpful.

I talked to my local Featherlite dealer...you have to REALLY want to buy from them. Hard to get specifics. Knowing (some models, maybe not all) have ramps and don't use the rear door for loading, I'd never get a Featherlite anyway.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
zadar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I talked to my local Featherlite dealer...you have to REALLY want to buy from them. Hard to get specifics. Knowing (some models, maybe not all) have ramps and don't use the rear door for loading, I'd never get a Featherlite anyway.
Two models I am looking at don't have ramps, they use door.
It is also best priced for what I am looking. I want plain with no interior, v-nose, torsion axles, 16 oc and .040 exterior.
ATC in same price range does not have any of that. Have to keep adding which jacks up price.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
...of heaven in there. What does it weigh dry, and the approximate cost? You can PM me on the cost if that would be better, or keep it confidential, that's your call. With all the various options offered, getting pricing on enclosed trailers can be a pain in the butt. I have been working with Scott Rausch (702) 802 1564 (Las Vegas). He has been very responsive and helpful. I talked to my local Featherlite dealer...you have to REALLY want to buy from them. Hard to get specifics. Knowing (some models, maybe not all) have ramps and don't use the rear door for loading, I'd never get a Featherlite anyway.
PM me it's a complicated process

Quick Reply: Video on Enclosed Trailer Selection