Sponsored by:

HOD (Hooked on Driving) is an Awesome Event Host

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 09:34 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOD (Hooked on Driving) is an Awesome Event Host

I've done a lot of track events with them over the past 5 years, and they just keep getting better every year. Received this mailing this morning:

"HOD Announces an Estimated 1,000,000 Miles on Track in 2015 With NO CAR-TO-CAR Contact!!

We thank ALL the drivers who ran with us in 2015 that helped us accomplish this very rare feat - YOU did it!

With a combination of good driving, and a "When in doubt, don't" attitude, we had drivers from Beginner to Advanced driving in proximity all season without touching one another ONCE!!

Yes - we announce this humbly....any track organization has risks, as do the drivers. As we say, "This is not Disneyland," and we don't mean to say there is no risk of an incident - however innocent or unavoidable it may be. But we did, what we did, and we believe that "Safety is no accident!" It takes:

*Clear and reasonable rules of behavior on track
*Drivers who are seeking this environment and that will lift that one time rather than put the hammer down
*Active HOD leadership working with track staffs to try to get ahead of problems before they occur
*Some good fortune

We're looking forward to another stellar season of growth at HOD - please take a look at the amazing list of events for 2016 HERE

And we hope to see you at the track soon! (OK - Sorry to the Northerners who will have to wait just a bit).

Regards - From the HOD National Leaderhship Team"

That is MY kind of event! Thanks David Ray (you living legend) and your whole team of men and women.

PS- if you've never experienced a live rendition of the National Anthem over the PA before an event, you are missing some good stuff. Ameritude! lol...
Old 01-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

YES - HOD is pleasure to work with.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What does HOD offer over a PCA event for the cost premium?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:33 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
What does HOD offer over a PCA event for the cost premium?
My suggestion would be to go try an HOD event and see if it suits you? For me, there is a "feel" to events by different hosts. That feeling is going to vary by participant, host, region.

I like running open passing with other drivers who respect me on track, as I respect them on track. I like events that are run on time and offer self-tech. I like hosts who quickly deal with problem drivers and control run-group assignments as needed. I like short, respectful drivers meetings which set the tone of the day but don't waste my time.

HOD has for me always been about "value", not "cost", I've never given much care for what they charge because I always leave feeling great
Old 01-19-2016, 05:03 PM
PCecilian
AutoX

I did an HOD event at Lightning and they were pros. They brought a new Stingray for lapping and were just nice people.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:28 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
My suggestion would be to go try an HOD event and see if it suits you? For me, there is a "feel" to events by different hosts. That feeling is going to vary by participant, host, region.

I like running open passing with other drivers who respect me on track, as I respect them on track. I like events that are run on time and offer self-tech. I like hosts who quickly deal with problem drivers and control run-group assignments as needed. I like short, respectful drivers meetings which set the tone of the day but don't waste my time.

HOD has for me always been about "value", not "cost", I've never given much care for what they charge because I always leave feeling great
+1 on extra value for the extra $. Sounds a lot like a Chin event except for the open passing. The cost premium for an event like this is usually just a drop in the bucket relative to the whole cost of a track w/e anyway.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:06 PM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
...HOD has for me always been about "value", not "cost", I've never given much care for what they charge because I always leave feeling great
I wish HOD would do some events here in SoCal.

Some down here have the above statement reversed.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually, HOD will be doing a few events here in SoCal.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:52 AM
RobertR1
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

The only thing that beats an HOD day is one of Mooty's private days!

While you pay a premium for a HOD day, you do get:
- Good track time
- Clean running as they limit the number of cars per group
- Mechanically reliable cars that are not dumping fluid on track
- Very well organized in all aspects
- Good at keeping things relaxed without any ricky racer tension in the pit area and on track

Quick Reply: HOD (Hooked on Driving) is an Awesome Event Host