Sponsored by:

Car business in signature

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 08:09 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Car business in signature

This is maybe out of place here, but since I encounter quite a few of them in these subforums might as well post it here, so those people can chime in (since not everyone here checks all the rennlist subforums. I don't, that's for sure )

As some of you know I run a certain website used to automatically track your race car parts (will not name it so I don't get into any trouble). I put a link to that website in my signature. This went ok for a couple of months until I got a mail telling me:

Subj: Signature on Rennlist

Body:
Has been deleted. You cannot advertise on Rennlist unless you are a site sponsor. Sorry.

Bob

On my reply where I ask what it would cost to be able to advertise I never got an answer (this was in August). Mind you that I tried contacting other mods before to see if all was ok and no replies there either.

Anyway, I see plenty of people in this subforum linking to their own business in their signature, and very few of them have the label "site sponsor" or "small business sponsor" or sth along those lines. Most are (like me) Rennlist paying members.

So, what do I do? Put my link back again and hope to not get banned? Why is it that at least 5 other members can have those links without any issues and mine got removed?

I really like this forum but the way some things are ran here are bizarre to say the least.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Beats me why they didn't send you a Small Business or Site Sponsor Business subscription contract sooner... They are ON it, usually!

And yes, I pay more here to include my sig and business information than any other single place. But it's been worthwhile.

DIRECTOR OF SALES
SNOOKIE STODDARD
snookie.stoddard@internetbrands.com
Fax: 310.280.4875
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-27-2015, 12:37 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

This site is owned by IB. If its like any other IB owned site then the admins and mods don't have the sponsorship cost data. To get an answer you should click the advertising link at the bottom of the page.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:43 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Beats me why they didn't send you a Small Business or Site Sponsor Business subscription contract sooner... They are ON it, usually!

And yes, I pay more here to include my sig and business information than any other single place. But it's been worthwhile.
But you are one of the "good" guys (aka I see above your avatar that you pay for this). There are quite a few around here that don't do this, have their signatures for way longer than I had and there seems to be no problem with those.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:12 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
But you are one of the "good" guys (aka I see above your avatar that you pay for this). There are quite a few around here that don't do this, have their signatures for way longer than I had and there seems to be no problem with those.
Hahaha! When you get the rate quote, you'll be glad you had it for free for ANY length of time. Think of it as a bonus!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:02 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Someone may have reported you.

Quick Reply: Car business in signature