Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Roux looks like they bought the designs to all the shock doctor stuff in the bags. If that is the case, they are great bags.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:05 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Helmet manufacturing

I believe BELL is now made in China. They farmed out the production from IL to China about 5 years ago when the last Snell spec was introduced. We had a few hiccups with sizing when folks switched from an SA2000 to an SA2010 helmet as production sizing ran a little different but haven't received any real complaints about quality. Some of the pivot kits needed replaced on the shields at the time but Bell fixed that issue. Bell is introducing some new models for SA2015, it's just taking time to get them in as with most of the other manufacturers.

The Roux Bag designs are based off the Shock Doctor designs - very nice bags with multiple compartments, lightweight but well made. Not just a big empty bag with some handles sewn on the outside.

The bags will make great gifts for the upcoming holiday season and they are available now.

http://apexperformance-net.3dcartsto...OUX_c_206.html

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook

Last edited by ApexPerformance; 11-09-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added roux bag link
Old 11-09-2015, 02:17 PM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have comment/feedback on the sound quality of the integrated communication?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:19 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nothing yet - helmets are not available yet. I'll see if we can get any further details on what type of intercom system is being installed in the helmets.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:21 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Bell that I looked at is an older helmet that I no longer use so that is entirely possible. Actually I need to just drill a hole in it, cut the chin strap and pitch it.

Great news to here on the Roux bag stuff, Shock doctor stuff was great and makes sense when I look at it online.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
I believe BELL is now made in China. They farmed out the production from IL to China about 5 years ago when the last Snell spec was introduced. We had a few hiccups with sizing when folks switched from an SA2000 to an SA2010 helmet as production sizing ran a little different but haven't received any real complaints about quality. Some of the pivot kits needed replaced on the shields at the time but Bell fixed that issue. Bell is introducing some new models for SA2015, it's just taking time to get them in as with most of the other manufacturers.

The Roux Bag designs are based off the Shock Doctor designs - very nice bags with multiple compartments, lightweight but well made. Not just a big empty bag with some handles sewn on the outside.

The bags will make great gifts for the upcoming holiday season and they are available now.

http://apexperformance-net.3dcartsto...OUX_c_206.html
Old 11-09-2015, 02:44 PM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing yet - helmets are not available yet. I'll see if we can get any further details on what type of intercom system is being installed in the helmets.
Thank you.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:01 PM
ROUXTOTO
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Roux Low Down

Hi all,
I want to thank everyone for their interest in ROUX Helmets.
I will try to clear up as much as possible on the questions and concerns on this thread.
Roux helmets has been created by Juan Carlos LeRoux and myself Toto Lassally.
Juan Carlos has over 30 years in racing and currently competes in the Continental Challenge series as well as racing in his home country of the Dominican Republic. He has won many championships to include an over all win in the GT1 class at the SCCA Runn Offs back in the late 90's. I am also a race and have raced all over the world with my claim to fames being a second place finish at the 1999 Rolex 24, and winning the 2010 24 Hours of Dubai as well as victories and many other podium finishes at races like the 12 hours of Mugello, the 24 hours of Barcelona, the 12 hours of Spa, the 24 hours of Nurbugring and the 12 hours of Hungaroring.
I have owned and operated Speedcom Communications for the last 19 years and in doing so I have learned a lot about how helmets are constructed. I have wire over 30,000 helmets in the last 19 year of my life, so as you can imagine I have seen it all when it comes to what a good quality shell or liner is on a helmet.
One day Juan Carlos approached me to fix the microphone on his new Stilo helmet that was only 2 races old. As many of you that may have Stilo helmets you may have experienced that the mic's don't last very long. At Speedcom we are constantly replacing Stilo mics. When Juan approached me I just said "Your Mic is out huh?" (I said it in spanish but you get the picture)
I started to complain to him about how many of these mic's we have to change out each month and what a pain in the you know what it is to work on those helmets because the liners never want to stay in place.
So, Juan challenged me to design a helmet that would meet the quality and comfort that drivers require and still meet all safety standards set forth by the FIA and the SNELL foundation. AND SO...ROUX was born.
The name ROUX is the last four letters of Juan's last name. Take the 'Le" off and you have ROUX.
The helmets are made from components that come from several countries and yes some come from China. Any of you that believe that the aforementioned helmet brands on this thread are actually made in the counties where their companies are based are sadly mistaken. The only two brands that were mentioned that are actually 100% made in house by their manufacturers are Arai (made in Japan) and Stand 21 (made in France) (I have witnessed the Stand 21 helmets being made fully in their facility in Dijon France with my own eyes). The other brands that were mentioned are mostly made in China. I won't go into details because I don't want to get sued but I assure you that just because it says Made in the USA it does not mean it is made in the USA. only 10% of the final assembly has to be done in the USA to be considered "MADE IN THE USA" and these companies exploit this. By the way, putting the helmet inside the shipping box can count as a large percentage of making the product in the USA. Our helmets will go through a rigorous quality control inspection in our U.S. facility to make sure that every helmet meets our high standards.
Our helmets have now passed the SNELL 2015 standards and we are now just waiting on the FIA homologation for FIA 8859 standard. This is why we are not yet to market with the helmets.
Enough of that. now for features,
All helmets will be wired with the highest quality of SPEEDCOM components to include SPEEDCOMs patented RTM noise cancelling mic. that removes approximately 90% of the ambient noise in a cars cockpit.
All helmets will come equipped with a water drink tube that features a panel mount quick disconnect.
All helmets will come with integrated ear muffs and speakers but can be easily retrofitted to an ear jack.
All helmets will come with our patent pending RELEASE system that can be used by first responders to remove the helmet in case of an emergency without putting strain on your neck or spinal cord.
The composite and Carbon models will also feature our COOLEX technology which works similar to how a cool shirt of FAST shirt system work. You can tap off either of the two mentioned systems coolers, and run cold water directly into the helmet liner for cooling the head. The fiberglass model will not have this feature.
As far as weight our carbon model is a bit over a half ounce lighter than the standard Stilo carbon helmet and ours already includes the water piping and connectors.
Pricing will be available soon. For now you can follow us on FB and check out our website for updates.
As you can see this is not just a fly by night branding exercise, that is slapping their name on cheap helmets coming out of China. We have many years experience in safety and as racers our selves we know what it takes to deliver the best product out there. We have spent a lot of time and $$$$ to make sure we have the most innovative and safe helmets in the market.
Did I mention that we are already testing a helmet made of Carbon and Zilon? ooops.. Did I just let the cat out of the bag? Let's keep that one quiet for now.
The following users liked this post:
lcjhnsn (04-14-2021)
Old 11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I saw their gear bags at VIR; looked real nice and prices weren't out of line. I wanted to buy one but couldn't figure out why I needed one (I don't fly to the track).
Old 11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 260 Posts

I believe BELL is now made in China. They farmed out the production from IL to China about 5 years ago when the last Snell spec was introduced. We had a few hiccups with sizing when folks switched from an SA2000 to an SA2010 helmet as production sizing ran a little different but haven't received any real complaints about quality. Some of the pivot kits needed replaced on the shields at the time but Bell fixed that issue. ]
Been using Bell for 20 years and nary a problem--will be getting a new Sport EV with the wide eyeport to accommodate my glasses.

Gary
Old 11-09-2015, 08:32 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Roux is a new brand that is supposed to debut sometime in december. All of their helmets will feature integrated electronics and hydration. their trackside gear bags are available now and they are fantastic!!!!
Looks like the old shock doctor bags, pretty cool

+1 for apex, clark and linda
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Very interested in comparing these to the stilos.

Linda, do the gear bags have compartments for a helmet? Hard to tell from pics.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Timely thread as I will be in the market for a new lid soon as I just can't stand my current helmet.

I've been focused on Arai and Stilo because of the wide variety of internal padding availability to insure the best fit possible. I wore Arai for years on bikes and my biggest gripe with my current helmet if poor fit and inability to fix it with different size padding

Clark, do you know if different padding options will be available for these helmets to insure a perfect fit?
Old 11-10-2015, 12:22 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Helmet storage in Roux gear bags

Originally Posted by Arkadi
Very interested in comparing these to the stilos.

Linda, do the gear bags have compartments for a helmet? Hard to tell from pics.

Yes, some of the bags have a compartment for helmet storage. I plan to take some pictures of gear packed in the bags to give folks ideas on how they can be used.

The GT bag and Hans bag have clips on them that will connect to the backpack and I believe the 24" carry on bag as well.

We've got a few product demos of the bags on our facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apex-...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 11-10-2015, 01:35 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Roux helmet cheek pad options

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Timely thread as I will be in the market for a new lid soon as I just can't stand my current helmet.

I've been focused on Arai and Stilo because of the wide variety of internal padding availability to insure the best fit possible. I wore Arai for years on bikes and my biggest gripe with my current helmet if poor fit and inability to fix it with different size padding

Clark, do you know if different padding options will be available for these helmets to insure a perfect fit?
Roux is supposed to include three sets of cheekpads with each helmet (thick, medium, thin) so you can customize the fit of the helmet in the cheek area.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:42 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, some of the bags have a compartment for helmet storage. I plan to take some pictures of gear packed in the bags to give folks ideas on how they can be used.

The GT bag and Hans bag have clips on them that will connect to the backpack and I believe the 24" carry on bag as well.

We've got a few product demos of the bags on our facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apex-...ref=ts&fref=ts

I just test fit helmets in the gear bags. The 24" carry on is a stretch but the helmet definitely fits in the 30" gear bag. There are two other separate compartments in the 30" gear bag that can be used for suit/shoes plus inside pockets for gloves, earbuds, socks. If time permits, I hope to show all the items packed in the bag as a demo over the weekend at Barber.

Linda

Quick Reply: Roux Helmets?