NEW SPEC CAYMAN CLASS SPC ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by ML///
Is Spec Cayman the class newbies to enter if new to racing with PCA. I'm mean sure you can go buy your ride in other classes but from a grassroots perspective would this be the most appropriate class? I'm so curious to get started in racing but at a leisurely commitment.... you know it's all based on cash flow.
SPC and SPB and probably the best entry level "bang for your buck" platforms out there. That being said, SPB is probably the most competitive class out there, and I bet SPC starts to catch up.

You'll grow up quick among some really good drivers if you go into either class but they are not noob classes. Some of us just don't have the silver spoon hanging out of our posterior to buy a GT4.

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
It's all a matter of initial $s and then $s to run the program. Spec Classes (SPB, SPC) are a good start and so are the Stock Classes (E, F, G, H, I). It's all a matter of $$. The cheapest way is to get a 944 and run SP1 or SP2.
Nothing more expensive than a cheap 944!
Old 02-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by ML///
Is Spec Cayman the class newbies to enter if new to racing with PCA. I'm mean sure you can go buy your ride in other classes but from a grassroots perspective would this be the most appropriate class? I'm so curious to get started in racing but at a leisurely commitment.... you know it's all based on cash flow.
IMO SPB is the best class to start out in, donor cars are cheap and can be tracked while you are building the car up to learn the platform. Entry into a Cayman S will set you back thousands more and the engines and transmissions cost close to double what the little 2.5L Boxster does from a salvage yard. Add to that the ultra-large race groups in SPB and you will always have someone to race regardless of your skill level. 944's used to be the entry but from what i'm being told a good full engine rebuild can meet or surpass an air-cooled 911's cost (over $15k).. and they are all getting quite old now..
Old 03-04-2017, 10:26 AM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Delivery date from DBA Australia has been delayed AGAIN!.... I should know better by now.

They informed me today that the completion date is now end of March with a arrival date of April.

Now that said, I am arranging to AIR Freight several rings here to Satisfy your pre orders.

I apologize for the great inconvenience this has caused. We will work hard too make this delay right with all of the pre order customers.

Regards,
Chris Whaley

Quick Reply: NEW SPEC CAYMAN CLASS SPC ?