Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR Clubrace agricultural trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Cory I think this was before you were in the car...I'm pretty sure you came outta the pits after the second yellow which was after this and I pointed you by I the front straight while in front of clarke

Niels.....Clarke is a euro 3....I'm a 3.2
Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 AM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Great drives in E
Clarke, hope your motor is ok from that. Been there, done that.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:23 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
That was me in the cayman for the 2nd stint in the enduro. The shifter cables had come loose and the rear tires were totally shot. All I needed to do was stay ahead for the class and overall win. I was trying not to screw up your guy's race when I came through but also wasn't going to sit there in 3rd.
This happened early in the enduro, probably wasnt you Cory.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:47 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
This happened early in the enduro, probably wasnt you Cory.

Wassup Boyz??

Well, as many of you know, I had a rough go at the VIR CR event. I had a good test and tune day on Thursday and was raring to go Friday morning. On the first hot lap of the first session, entering hog pen, my foot slipped off the brake pedal and went to the floor board. The car instantly became loose and was out of control before I know what happened. As I went "two feet in", my foot again went off the pedal to the floor board, where it remained upon impact. This proved to be a bad place for the foot as I sustained injury: a dislocated 2nd metatarsal and cuneiform joint, and a torn lisfranc ligament, both of which were recently repaired via surgery.

As I sat against the tire wall I looked down and noticed that the little black rubber pedal cover had come off the brake pedal. So I don't know if this slipped off on the initial brake application, causing my foot to slide off the pedal, or if it came off the second time I violently tried to go "both feet in". All I remember is going to lightly apply the brake and my foot went to the floor. Either way, it didn't end well for me. The car sustained a lot of body damage. Fortunately the chassis remains straight as an arrow and there was very minor damage to the rear suspension.

As I reflect on this incident, I am mildly perturbed with myself because I feel like I was a little too hyped up for the first session. The weather was good, the car was running great with new rear wheel bearings and tires with only 1 session on them. I was going to get that lap record come hell or high water. I became irritated on the warmup lap when I got stuck behind a 968 that was going slower than molasses. The guy was way off line, breaking going up the back straight, and generally driving erratic and way off pace. Instead of relaxing and pondering something useful, I got all fired up. Whether this contributed to my accident I will never know, but I am certain that I did not allow myself to get into a rhythm. Rookie move, indeed.

Thanks to those of you qualified RL Medical Doctors who helped me through this - you know who you are.

I wish all the SPB dudes good luck with the rest of the season. I am extremely upset and bummed that I will not be able to compete.

https://vimeo.com/133469785
Old 07-14-2015, 03:45 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Wassup Boyz??

Well, as many of you know, I had a rough go at the VIR CR event. I had a good test and tune day on Thursday and was raring to go Friday morning. On the first hot lap of the first session, entering hog pen, my foot slipped off the brake pedal and went to the floor board. The car instantly became loose and was out of control before I know what happened. As I went "two feet in", my foot again went off the pedal to the floor board, where it remained upon impact. This proved to be a bad place for the foot as I sustained injury: a dislocated 2nd metatarsal and cuneiform joint, and a torn lisfranc ligament, both of which were recently repaired via surgery.

As I sat against the tire wall I looked down and noticed that the little black rubber pedal cover had come off the brake pedal. So I don't know if this slipped off on the initial brake application, causing my foot to slide off the pedal, or if it came off the second time I violently tried to go "both feet in". All I remember is going to lightly apply the brake and my foot went to the floor. Either way, it didn't end well for me. The car sustained a lot of body damage. Fortunately the chassis remains straight as an arrow and there was very minor damage to the rear suspension.

As I reflect on this incident, I am mildly perturbed with myself because I feel like I was a little too hyped up for the first session. The weather was good, the car was running great with new rear wheel bearings and tires with only 1 session on them. I was going to get that lap record come hell or high water. I became irritated on the warmup lap when I got stuck behind a 968 that was going slower than molasses. The guy was way off line, breaking going up the back straight, and generally driving erratic and way off pace. Instead of relaxing and pondering something useful, I got all fired up. Whether this contributed to my accident I will never know, but I am certain that I did not allow myself to get into a rhythm. Rookie move, indeed.

Thanks to those of you qualified RL Medical Doctors who helped me through this - you know who you are.

I wish all the SPB dudes good luck with the rest of the season. I am extremely upset and bummed that I will not be able to compete.

That was a hard hit and hard to watch. I could not believe it was you I saw sitting there when I came around. It was a flashback for me when the exact same thing happened to me last year when my front left control arm broke turning into the esses. It was also on the first flying lap. To this day I cant watch my video of it which is why it has never seen the light of day.

Sorry to hear about the foot. Heal up and get better for next year. I hope we still see you in SPB next year. You planning on stopping by the NJMP race at all?

On that lap record, I was going to fight you for that. I had some more in me until my trans went.

Just as my year was starting to get rolling you take a breather.......Maybe next year.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 152 Likes on 97 Posts

Dan:
Ouch that was a hard hit. Glad it wasn't worse. Bummer you'll be out the rest of the year. Was looking forward to watch you in the mix with the SPB guys. Class is getting good with the influx of talent that is racing there. Wonder if I should grab an SPB.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

Bummer. Sick feeling watching the tire wall come at you. Worst part is if your foot hadn't been on the floor the second time when you hit probably would've walked away unhurt. You'll be back on it soon.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:10 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker

Sucks Dan. It's been great sharing the paddock with you this year, will miss you NJMP. I was a few seconds behind you on that lap, crested the roller coaster just in time to see you resting against wall. Couldn't imagine what happened.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

That sucks donkey ***** Yonkers! Get well and be ready for Sebring!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Damn! Get well soon Dan.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm really glad you at least thought of letting go of that wheel or you would have had some hand issues too....tried to drive it until you k ew there was an imminent impact

Sux alot and glad the car and you are fixable...just take it easy....hard for you I know....but get a race Sim and keep driving that way..

Heal quickly and fully

If you want pics of them pulling the car out with omars ranger let me know.....Charlies and Peters paddock body shop...they love using wenches
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Good lord, Dan, sorry to hear
Old 07-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

Wow Dan - so sorry to hear and see. Get well soon!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:06 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Wow Dan - so sorry to hear and see. Get well soon!
Thanks All
Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Ouch Dan. I'm sorry to see this and hope you are on the mend.

Quick Reply: VIR Clubrace agricultural trip