Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Grand Pix of Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:09 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Increased chatter about 1000hp engines in 2017. Will there be many fans left?
What?? 1000hp engines? or total PU? Please explain...

Fans? Who cares about fans... You don't need fans... FOM enjoys cancelling great historic races at tracks the fans, teams, and drivers enjoy and giving the spot to oil rich countries. Nobody outside FOM knows why they do this. I can't think of a better way to alienate a strong local fan base and trade it for a group of people who are uneducated about F1 who's interest will surely die out once the initial spectacle wears off... I mean, the only way they could make it worse is to come up with a stupid set of rules that are based around the conservation of fuel, and also remove the lovely sound the high revving normally aspirated F1 engines make.... Sigh... where is my cognac...
Old 04-21-2015, 11:01 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I'm not so sure. IMO Nico actually ran a good race. He managed to pass both Kimi and Seb on track, and I'm not so sure his braking error was him driving in the mirrors with Kimi behind as much as it was an indicator of his failing brakes.

If one is looking for an on track choke, I think Sebs error (that broke his wing) is a better example. He flat out blew that corner and it cost him dearly.
Agree, Nico's take on both Fezzas was definitive. Especially how he shut them out of the corner exit to cancel any chance of them coming back at him.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
What?? 1000hp engines? or total PU? Please explain...

Fans? Who cares about fans... You don't need fans... FOM enjoys cancelling great historic races at tracks the fans, teams, and drivers enjoy and giving the spot to oil rich countries. Nobody outside FOM knows why they do this. I can't think of a better way to alienate a strong local fan base and trade it for a group of people who are uneducated about F1 who's interest will surely die out once the initial spectacle wears off... I mean, the only way they could make it worse is to come up with a stupid set of rules that are based around the conservation of fuel, and also remove the lovely sound the high revving normally aspirated F1 engines make.... Sigh... where is my cognac...
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/115612-...or-1000bhp-v8s

F1: Ecclestone calls for 1000hp V8s

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Formula 1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has renewed calls for a return to V8 engines, claiming it is "urgently" needed and that they could be boosted to 1000 horsepower.

Ecclestone has long been skeptical about the benefits of the new hybrid V6 turbo regulations, and has often spoken out against the noise the new power units make. Amid ongoing concerns about declining audiences, Ecclestone believes a quick fix to F1's problems would be to introduce revised V8s that produce 1000hp.

"We need to go back to engines whose costs are more reasonable, and we need to intervene with maximum urgency," Ecclestone said in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

When it was suggested that it would be wrong to change engine rules so soon after the introduction of the turbos, Ecclestone replied: "Why? Going back to a Formula 1 with naturally aspirated engines and KERS, while setting precise constraints, would drastically reduce costs and would be convenient for those already in F1 and for those would like to enter it.

"We'd just need to take the old V8 engines and modify them by increasing displacement to bring power output near 1000hp. People would return, the show would return, sponsors would return."

Ecclestone suggests that the move to hybrid engines has contributed to the fall in audiences by creating fan disinterest.

"F1 isn't just technology, but enjoyment too," he said. "We need to think about who buys a ticket, goes in the grandstands and wants to see a great sporting spectacle.

"It's money doing the rounds: the public pays for tickets, the organizers cash in and pay us, who then forward the money to the teams together with TV rights. But if TV audiences shrink and the public at GPs do too, then it becomes a problem."

Although previous attempts to get teams to agree to a V8 return have been blocked, Ecclestone has suggested he will take up the matter with Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne.

When asked if he had spoken to Marchionne yet, Ecclestone said: "No, but I intend to do it as soon as possible."
Old 04-22-2015, 12:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

In the you've got to be kidding me category, Bernie is determined to get his cut of $$$$ regardless of how bad his series is doing. There hasn't been a French GP in years, there will be no German GP this year and a good chance of no Italian GP, home of Ferrari, next year because Secretary General Bernie Ecclestone has declared there are no human rights violations in some backwoods country.... unbelievable! Bernie would have been a great propaganda minister for **** German

Bernie Ecclestone says the proposed F1 race in Azerbaijan is ready to go ahead in 2016, insisting he is satisfied that there are no concerns of human rights violations taking place in the country.

The nation, located in the Caucasus region, will host a street event around its capital city of Baku under the 'Baku European Grand Prix' title in 2016.

Azerbaijan's addition to the calendar, however, has drawn criticism from human rights groups, which have condemned it for the imprisonment of journalists, activists and opposition politicians in recent years.

However, Ecclestone insists F1 has undertaken its due diligence and checked Baku's human rights record before confirming its race there, saying 'everybody seems to be happy'.

“Yes [it will go ahead], no problem. That is going to be another good race. I think everybody seems to be happy, there doesn't seem to be big problems.”

Designed by Hermann Tilke, the proposed 6km layout is set to wend between some of Baku's historic monuments and trace the Baku Boulevard overlooking the Caspian Sea.

Azerbaijan, which has hosted rounds of the FIA GT/Blancpain series in the last two seasons on a different Baku street circuit, has rapidly developed in recent years on the back of a boom in oil and natural gas extraction. The nation has applied (unsuccessfully) to host the Olympic Games on two occasions, but will this year host the inaugural European Games.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:54 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Bernie wears Victoria Secrets....just a hunch.

Quick Reply: 2015 Grand Pix of Bahrain