Camera/Chatterbox Interface free to a good home

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:22 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Camera/Chatterbox Interface free to a good home

To record your dialogue with your coach or instructor, you need the I/O-Port Chatterbox-to-Camera interface. This interface allows you to record the Chatterbox signal into your camera via its external mic input.
Here is the I/O-Port desciption (with a sample recording at the bottom of the page): http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...gory_Code=CEI1
I found this capability invaluable as it preserved everything I was hearing, and helps me place the coaching into where I actually am on the track.
To say nothing of making up for my less-than-perfect retention of what I am hearing.
NOTE: this particular interface requires you to plug the camera into an external mic input on your camera (SmartyHD version 1 does not have external mic input capabilities, but the newer version does with the external mic harness, available from AIM dealers. Smarty non-HD also has external mic capabilities with an external mic harness).
PLEASE read the I-O-Port description of the connectors for your camera (in the above link) as you may need to get a camera-specific connector.
The Chatterbox side is for the so-called old style Chatterbox (NOT this one: http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...gory_Code=CEI1).
I am glad to mail this (no charge) to someone who will get as much value out of it as I did. U.S. only.
PM me if interested.
If this particular interface's connectors aren't right for your setup and you are a serious student of driving, order a new one with the appropriate connectors from I/O-Port. Best $65 I have spent on improving my skills.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 68 Posts
Default DIBS!

OOOOHHHH!!!!

Me Me ME!

I would enjoy this to get the most from my coaches, thanks!

I will PM address if I am the winner....
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow - free sells really fast. It's yours. PM replied to.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:18 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,440 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Ahhhh....where was I when this was going on?! I look back at my videos with pros and try to remember what the hell they were telling me.

Definitely looking to get this as I plan on hiring a few pros this year and want to remember what they said.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Ahhhh....where was I when this was going on?! I look back at my videos with pros and try to remember what the hell they were telling me. Definitely looking to get this as I plan on hiring a few pros this year and want to remember what they said.
Do it; this product is much needed.

Quick Reply: Camera/Chatterbox Interface free to a good home