Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CR Rules Change 2015

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:12 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Has anyone figured out where we request a change to the points rules? In particular, I would like to request that any car that takes the green flag will be considered a car that was "beat" if they DNF for any reason. Therefore, any car in class that finishes ahead of them will be able to count a point for beating that car.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
Has anyone figured out where we request a change to the points rules?
I've tried and tried and tried.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I tried the all that pass green count last year no reaponse....but will definately second that

Last edited by Der ABT; 03-04-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:46 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
I agree.
However, I don't think an alignment/balance is absolutely necessary after trading out a pair of shocks.

That's what I was going to say (assuming no pressure changes made)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I propose that we change the rules proposal process because it is broken and I'm not wasting any more time with it.

1) All rule proposals will be reviewed by the entire committee not filtered by an individual on the committee.

2)Each proposed change requested by 10 or more racers requires a written response from the committee if they are not adopted.

3)All requested changes will be published online for all racers to review and vote on. However, cumulative racer vote will not approve a rule, it is simply a sentiment tool for the committee to use when deciding upon rule changes.

4)The rules committee will issue an annual satisfaction survey to all racers regarding the state of the current year rule book. Results will be published to all racers.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
I propose that we change the rules proposal process because it is broken and I'm not wasting any more time with it.

1) All rule proposals will be reviewed by the entire committee not filtered by an individual on the committee.

2)Each proposed change requested by 10 or more racers requires a written response from the committee if they are not adopted.

3)All requested changes will be published online for all racers to review and vote on. However, cumulative racer vote will not approve a rule, it is simply a sentiment tool for the committee to use when deciding upon rule changes.

4)The rules committee will issue an annual satisfaction survey to all racers regarding the state of the current year rule book. Results will be published to all racers.
I like these. At least these changes will bring some accountability to the committee. Far too often committees get stuck in group-think that has been handed down from years past. This creates stagnation. It seems like us racers have little impact on what is approved or disallowed.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Great proposal, Sean.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

This makes a lot of sense. The problem is committees tend not to like to be accountable in this fashion. I only started racing this year so I don't have any complaints.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:45 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

+1

Old 03-05-2015, 01:51 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Adjustable shocks do work (even on an SC)... good thread on this elsewhere.

A friend of mine had a very short but successful career in PCA. We were at NJMP for a DE and he was setting up his car for the club race a few weeks later.

He'd do four laps and then an hour on the PC reviewing his data. We're all goofing off telling bad jokes and he's on the computer. Probably put in 40 minutes on the track and 10 hours on the PC over the weekend.

This is not a bolt-on miracle... just a slight edge for folks who want to put in that kind of effort to push 97.5% to 98.5%.

BTW PCA specified "DOT" tires. Hoosier has made a business making all-out racing tires that just barely meet the rules... is this cheating?... anybody have the stones to calculate your tire budget for the season? Want to make CN36 a spec tire?

I'm all for more transparency in rule-making, but face it, racing rules are all arbitrary. Scruts must set enforceable "bright-line" rules. Guys who benefit will think they are "fair" and other guys will think they stink.

Regardless of the rules, some guys are going to put in the time, money and effort to maximize performance, and win, and if the rules are changed, the same guys are going to optimize the new rules, and still win.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I vote we elect Sean President.. or at least Governor of PCA CR.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
How about we start a tire contigency for stock classes....mentioned it at sebring and was basically told they would be happy to look into it if the masses requested....so time to speak up...I want some Hoosier bucks
I'm game, just tell me where to sign up!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Chief Steward would do..

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I vote we elect Sean President.. or at least Governor of PCA CR.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
Has anyone figured out where we request a change to the points rules? In particular, I would like to request that any car that takes the green flag will be considered a car that was "beat" if they DNF for any reason. Therefore, any car in class that finishes ahead of them will be able to count a point for beating that car.
Same place as other rule change suggestions. If the small sampling here is indicative I think they get a lot of suggestions on the points system.

And ignore them all.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Same place as other rule change suggestions. If the small sampling here is indicative I think they get a lot of suggestions on the points system.

And ignore them all.
Not from the good ol boy's Rule change receptacle..

Quick Reply: CR Rules Change 2015