Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race at Rennsport 2015 - WTF?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:33 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts
Default PCA Club Race at Rennsport 2015 - WTF?!

PCA Club Race at Rennsport 2015 - WTF?!

From mass email sent out to all club racers on Feb 20, 2015 (so you all should have already seen this) --

Acceptance as a confirmed registrant will be based on the following:
Car performance – as determined by the PCA Club Racing Committee.

What does that mean? Car performance? Seriously? So for maximum car persformance I would assume lap times rule, therefor this will be all cup cars from GTA2. Or, Car performance with a specific driver, i.e. lap times, again all cup cars. But I doubt that. So a few of the best cars (again cars, or lap times?) from each and every run group? So like 2 cars in each class? I am being silly, or am I?

Why no more details? How about some explanation as to how you get in this event???
Old 02-26-2015, 01:36 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

For those that missed the mass email, here it is in its entirety:

PCA Club Racing Rennsport Reunion Registration Information

An extraordinary race experience!
Porsche Rennsport Reunion V and PCA Club Racing

➢ PCA Club Racing will have 1 Run Group at Porsche Rennsport Reunion V – Race Run Group 1.
➢ The Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 is limited to 45 cars.

The REGISTRATION PROCEDURES for the Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 are as follows:
The registration site for the Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 is http://register.pca.org (ClubRegistration.net) and is the ONLY registration site for the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1. Registrations made elsewhere will NOT be honored for the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1.

The REGISTRATION PERIOD for the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 will be:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4th, 9:00 pm (CST) – WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25th, 12:01 am (CDT)

All registrations received during this period will be reviewed and considered for acceptance. Registrations that are blank, missing car/class/car number selection, or other required registration information (including parking information) will be considered incomplete and will NOT be honored.

The CONFIRMATION PROCESS for the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 will be:
From the registrations submitted only 45 cars/drivers will be accepted and confirmed to participate in the PCA Club Racing Run Group. Confirmations will begin at 12:01 pm (CDT) on Friday, April 4th and will be done via e-mail. The roster on ClubRegistration.net will be updated on Friday, April 4th by 6:00 pm (CDT). The Wait List will also be posted at that time. Both the roster and the Wait List will be kept up to date.

Acceptance as a confirmed registrant will be based on the following:
Car performance – as determined by the PCA Club Racing Committee
Driver eligibility - Questions regarding Driver eligibility and License status should be directed to
pcaclubrace@aol.com
1. Drivers must be a current PCA member.
2. Drivers must have a current PCA Club Racing License. (Note: Registrants confirmed to race at Porsche Rennsport Reunion V as part of the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 must have all PCA Club Racing documentation up-to-date by 7/1/15 and that paperwork must be current thru the event weekend.)
3. Drivers must have participated in a PCA sprint or enduro Club Race between 1/1/12 and 3/29/15.
4. As there will be no PCA Club Racing School at this event, no Rookie or Provisional License Candidates can be accepted.

THE $750.00 REGISTRATION FEE PAYMENT is NOT required to register or for acceptance/confirmation. However, full fee payment MUST be received from confirmed registrants no later than Tuesday, April 7th, 12:01 am (CDT) to hold the confirmed registration. Confirmed registrations not paid by Tuesday, April 7th, 12:01 am (CDT) will be moved to the bottom of the Wait List and that spot filled from the Wait List. Payment will be accepted only by credit card thru ClubRegistration.net.

The $750.00 registration fee includes:
Paddock parking space (size information not available at this time)
Participant shirt

REFUND POLICY:
No refund for a confirmed Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 registration unless the spot can be filled from the PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 Wait List. A $50.00 service fee will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds for confirmed PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 registrations after Saturday, August 1, 2015.

EVENT DETAILS
PCA Club Racing Event Chair for Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1:
Vicki Earnshaw
vicklm@aol.com

PCA Club Racing Event Registrar for Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1:
Susan Shire
pcaclubrace@aol.com

➢ Porsche Rennsport Reunion V PCA Club Racing Run Group 1 will be run under PCA Club Racing Rules and Classes.
➢ This is an unmuffled event.
➢ This event will NOT qualify for National Championship points or the West Coast Series points.
➢ The Porsche Rennsport Reunion V Event Schedule, when available, will be posted on ClubRegistration.net:
Old 02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

come on, someone must know the secret code on this.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:54 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

sounds like it will be them picking and choosing what they think will show the best.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

It's purposefully vague.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:23 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by stujelly
sounds like it will be them picking and choosing what they think will show the best.
Ok, what does "show the best" mean? Doesn't sound like "performance" but go ahead, what does "show the best" mean?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:24 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by John H
It's purposefully vague.
Purposely vague so if you are friends with the committee members you are in?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:01 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Purposely vague so if you are friends with the committee members you are in?
so that mean you won't get to go
Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

just register
Old 02-27-2015, 12:45 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Yes, I am going to apply/register. Already booked this trip. Skipping my local pca club race at summit. Hotel booked. Driver for my rig scheduled to drive cross country...
so which car of mine do they want? Do they want any of them? Or should I get a car that they want?????????
Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
just register
Therein lies the secret...
Old 02-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts

I think it might be a good idea to address questions directly to PCA Club Racing, perhaps via e-mail or a phone call.

I can think of lots of reasons for the language they used, but it seems to me that a direct contact just might make things clearer.

Folks should recall that for RRIV there was quite a long waiting list, and quite a few slots opened up for folks on the list.

I got to drive in RRIV and it was fun. I imagine it will be fun for those fortunate folks that get to drive in RRV.

I must add that just being there for some or all of the weekend will probably be fun all by itself-- seeing the cars and the friends. I plan to be there.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This sounds like it is being handled like the Monterey Historics and such.

The idea is that the 'cars are the stars'. The people putting the event are are putting it on as a spectator event and therefore want the cars that will attract the most spectators.

It's a rough way to do it for sure, but I do understand the reason behind the mentality.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, guys, this is PCNA's show.
Brian and James Redmann are apparently not involved, at all, at least as of today.
I anticipate that PCNA will want to showcase whatever cars they think will sell the most cars for them.
Although the best racing in PCA is within the stock and SP classes, with some really great racing in E/F/Spec Boxster and SP1-3, those cars are ancient history to PCNA and accordingly, it is very unlikely that the PCA CR group will include those classes.
I've been told by a "confidential reliable source" that PCA CR management is waiting for instructions from PCNA before deciding which classes are in but also have been told that I should register my 1973 GT5 911 as it doesn't cost anything to register.
My take is "it's PCNA's show, and has been a damned good one each time I've gone, so my wife and I have hotel reservations, even if I don't get to race at Laguna"
And my sense is, Clarke, that whatever class you register in will not be the one racing......
<VBG>
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So.....a shiny GT2 class Cayman then?

I guess the wonderful air-cooled RSRs are out.

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Rennsport 2015 - WTF?!