Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
WAT?

I shuffle steer.

DON'T!

Originally Posted by TXE36
What, no beer cans? I'm disappointed.

You also need to be sure to fully utilize engine braking.

-Mike
It's not a choice, its a factor.

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Torque ? Horsepower ?
Anyone want to open that back up ? It's always entertaining .........
some are easily amused!
remember.... torque is just a part of HP ... no more no less.
(disclaimer .... Big Disclaimer.... that is if we are talking about torque being the forces that accelerate us......torque at the wheels! not at the engine)

Originally Posted by paradisenb
What we need is a new Ghetto Racer. Those were lively times in deed.

I guess we could settle for Jackie Lee but,...... (he's probably got rotten teeth and moved on to Nascar)

Yeah, it's boring now. Maybe a bunch of Cup Cars will mix it up at T1 of race 1 at Sebring and give us something to bitch about.

VR and Mark could have another lovers quarrel in public.
Im always always game for a fun challenge...... my offer to race VR anywhere , in anything (Miata, 944, 4x4, indy car, or real road race car) is always standing!

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Torque you!!!!!
BOOM POW POW (formally, BOOM BOOM POW)

Originally Posted by Astroman
Cup-style X door bars are better than NASCAR bars.

ATE Blue brake fluid sucks.

My grandma could race a PDK Cayman.

Sebring needs a repave.
your braking sucks... sorry, the truth may hurt. don't blame the fluid

Originally Posted by KaiB
OK...

Here is a vid which illustrates my brilliant car handling skills (note the rapid bending entry and use of the throttle to settle the suspension, as well as the calm demeanor and vastly superior guidance I give the car).

It also highlights, in the second corner, the use of advanced shuffle steer...best left to those with the superb skill I have.

Anybody who brings back the Boxster video illuminating the reason I left the race in Texas will have beer cans tossed their direction at races this year....just sayin'.

Comma Trail Brake oops - YouTube
your avatar says it all.... Very Ghetto!!!

truthfully, you just have way too much steering input and it costs you a lot of car reaction. the trail brake wasn't as bad as the steering input that caused it. then the shuffle steer on the following turn didn't cause any problem, but there is a little irony there.
One day and I could save you 1/2 second(edited from 1 second after seeing entire video) a lap guaranteed.

Originally Posted by TXE36
Why not some NASCAR and a bit of Danica thrown in?

“Sure everybody in NASCAR gets a trophy, as long as they win the f***in’ race.”

America Start Your Engines

Mankini warning, although it's still worth watching.

-Mike
LOVE IT!!! (and so true.... and Im not a big Nascar fan either! racing is racing though!!!)

Originally Posted by certz
Data acquisition and coaching are both needless extravagances and meaningless squiggly lines.
To some

Last edited by mark kibort; 01-30-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:54 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

KIAB!! I have found a great example of what im talking about.
I truly think its UNARGUABLE (if that is even a word.... VR? looking for grammar guidance)

go to :47 on your video.

CLASSIC .... you approach the turn.. cheat up on the wheel and shuffle steer. IT CLEARLY causes a position error and you to input way way too much steering input to the car, causing instability and an oversteer. this is very obvious to me, and wonder if you see it too. Do you ? you end up having "overleverage" and "over position" on the wheel, and your reaction for the turn is based on 2-10, but you end up overturning by about 90 degrees, which is the amount of the shuffle steer. check it out! (no charge)

edit: watched the entire segment. actually, pretty good! except for the shuffle-steering which was causing you issues at the 2nd to the last turn and turn 2, you were running very strong. entertaining with the 2 cup cars! car sounds great too!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:22 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've made a veritable raft of passes using precisely that maneuver (the sharp cut to the inside at around .51 on the video) and would love to say that right there, the steering input was not too steep...but it was.

(fun for a little narrow bodied 300whp car though)

Good call. It can get very quick down there (the elevation changes and out of camber stuff there is the reason its call the "Bitch") and I've been known to dirt track through it (see avatar).

I honestly do not believe that the pre-positioning caused that input though...just that the input was too great.

I will, however, take a serious (edit: GRANULAR) look at keeping my hands a bit more stationary as I've known for a long time that I pre-position in places where it is not needed. Thank you.

When you're as fast as I am...it's tough, right?
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I've made a veritable raft of passes using precisely that maneuver (the sharp cut to the inside at around .51 on the video) and would love to say that right there, the steering input was not too steep...but it was.

(fun for a little narrow bodied 300whp car though)

Good call. It can get very quick down there (the elevation changes and out of camber stuff there is the reason its call the "Bitch") and I've been known to dirt track through it (see avatar).

I honestly do not believe that the pre-positioning caused that input though...just that the input was too great.

I will, however, take a serious (edit: GRANULAR) look at keeping my hands a bit more stationary as I've known for a long time that I pre-position in places where it is not needed. Thank you.

When you're as fast as I am...it's tough, right?
No prob... its a tough problem to fix... doensnt cause you that much of an issue on the other turn, where you time and feel it out well. but that one turn, its tight enough where im very convinced its causing you control issues and your loosing a little speed on the exit, where if you had your hands positioned locked at 2-10, you would be able to "feel" your car out of of the turn better and be more in control of the subtle slide and be faster. its no where near tight enough to demand a hand re-position. you are just doing it, because you are used to doing that in turns with that much input. its causing you some issues. take a look again at that point. :50 on the video.

seriously, try it and get back to us.
obviously, you have good control and are running well... its all in the fine tuning. looks like a fun track by the way, and like I said, entertaining to see you with the cup cars mixing it up.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Where are all the Alonso detractors?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
Data acquisition and coaching are both needless extravagances and meaningless squiggly lines.
Lmfao
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

3 pages and no mention of Gurney flaps and wing angles yet. Ill school all of you on this topic as soon as I finalize my DE sponsorship details for 2015.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

PDK is for pansies
Old 01-30-2015, 08:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
3 pages and no mention of Gurney flaps and wing angles yet. Ill school all of you on this topic as soon as I finalize my DE sponsorship details for 2015.
You're already no less than 3 published simulation vs wind tunnel tests behind. Better crack the books, due some simulations, get some wind tunnel time and then get back to us.
Best of luck with the DE sponsorship.....which probably makes a lot more sense then most pro sponsorships ive seen!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:53 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

PDK is for pansies
then what's PASM for ?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:59 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Torque ? Horsepower ?
Anyone want to open that back up ? It's always entertaining .........
Ill open!

250ftlbs vs 500ftlbs..... Who has more torque off the last corner here?

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post11996433
Old 01-30-2015, 09:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I use Brad P. oil and Endless brake stuff...

...I also have been known to pre-position my hands enough that it just might be shuffle steering.

We didn't have too many kerfuffles at PCA races this year, are new Cup drivers getting better, or have they just left the scene. Or, have we just stopped bitching about it...

Will the race built Cayman be the new Cup for GT3 guys leaving DE?

Why do the Alphabet cars run a passenger seat?
Someone is starting a thread about "undies"... that might be interesting to some here. (Not passing any judgment here! )
Old 01-31-2015, 12:43 AM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Lmfao
Lol - see you at Watkins for lots of needless extravagance.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Old 01-31-2015, 09:08 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Ill open!

250ftlbs vs 500ftlbs..... Who has more torque off the last corner here?
It's lb-ft, not ftlbs

Cheers,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dull in here...