Sponsored by:

IMSA Porsche BoP Changes for Road America

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts
Default IMSA Porsche BoP Changes for Road America

It'll be interesting to see the impact.....

"IMSA has issued clarifications to the Balance of Performance adjustments for the Porsche 911 RSR ahead of next weekend’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America.

Released in an amended bulletin late Friday, the GT Le Mans class Porsche 911 RSR will run with a 1 mm larger air restrictor, instead of the 0.6 mm increase that was originally listed prior to Indianapolis.

Additionally, the German manufacturer will be permitted to utilize a 50 mm front splitter instead of the originally confirmed 25 mm increase, while also benefiting from a 3 liter increase in fuel capacity and 1 mm larger refueling restrictor.

IMSA’s Scot Elkins told Sportscar365 the pre-Indy adjustments were incorrectly listed in the previous bulletin, with the clarification correcting the original error.

The pair of Porsche North America entries did not run with any of the BoP changes at Indy due to an issue sourcing the newly mandated reconfigured rear wing in short notice. Per IMSA rules, a team must utilize all of the changes or none at all.

It’s expected all three of the 911 RSRs, including the Team Falken Tire entry, will be in the new configuration for Road America.

Other BoP changes include the GTLM class BMW Z4 GTE receiving a 1 mm larger refueling restrictor, while both the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and Audi R8 LMS cars in GT Daytona gain 3 liters of fuel capacity and larger refueling restrictors as well.

The Riley HPD, meanwhile, has reappeared on the BoP table in the Prototype class and will be permitted to use a 33.7 mm air restrictor, the same size utilized in the car’s last outing at Sebring.

The Starworks Motorsport-run entry completed a successful test at Road Atlanta earlier this week, although it’s unclear if the team will be ready for next weekend’s Road America round."

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/po...-road-america/
Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

more fuel, fills faster on pit lane, more air intake/more hp, bigger front splitter. plus the previous mod to the rear wing.. at Road America. i could have it wrong, and that vette looks insane, but id put my dollars on RSR which is always a road america kind of car. pretty crazy that when they have these performance mods you have to take them all or none. next time a series wants someone to put on more of a restrictor/restriction, thank them but say no. <G>

Originally Posted by Nizer
It'll be interesting to see the impact.....

"IMSA has issued clarifications to the Balance of Performance adjustments for the Porsche 911 RSR ahead of next weekend’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America.

Released in an amended bulletin late Friday, the GT Le Mans class Porsche 911 RSR will run with a 1 mm larger air restrictor, instead of the 0.6 mm increase that was originally listed prior to Indianapolis.

Additionally, the German manufacturer will be permitted to utilize a 50 mm front splitter instead of the originally confirmed 25 mm increase, while also benefiting from a 3 liter increase in fuel capacity and 1 mm larger refueling restrictor.

IMSA’s Scot Elkins told Sportscar365 the pre-Indy adjustments were incorrectly listed in the previous bulletin, with the clarification correcting the original error.

The pair of Porsche North America entries did not run with any of the BoP changes at Indy due to an issue sourcing the newly mandated reconfigured rear wing in short notice. Per IMSA rules, a team must utilize all of the changes or none at all.

It’s expected all three of the 911 RSRs, including the Team Falken Tire entry, will be in the new configuration for Road America.

Other BoP changes include the GTLM class BMW Z4 GTE receiving a 1 mm larger refueling restrictor, while both the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and Audi R8 LMS cars in GT Daytona gain 3 liters of fuel capacity and larger refueling restrictors as well.

The Riley HPD, meanwhile, has reappeared on the BoP table in the Prototype class and will be permitted to use a 33.7 mm air restrictor, the same size utilized in the car’s last outing at Sebring.

The Starworks Motorsport-run entry completed a successful test at Road Atlanta earlier this week, although it’s unclear if the team will be ready for next weekend’s Road America round."

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/po...-road-america/
Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,400 Likes on 748 Posts

Go Porsche!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Anyone remember the name of the website for watching IMSA GT3 Challenge?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone remember the name of the website for watching IMSA GT3 Challenge?
Simply go to imsa.com and hit the GT3 tab...

Or Google it, takes 3 seconds.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
Simply go to imsa.com and hit the GT3 tab...

Or Google it, takes 3 seconds.
That's live timing.

Here's what I was looking for: http://www.fanschoice.tv
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

91 1st,
93 3rd
Old 08-09-2014, 07:50 AM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's live timing.

Here's what I was looking for: http://www.fanschoice.tv
NICE thanks I didn't even know I was looking for that!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

GT3 Race 1 7:05pm today

http://www.fanschoice.tv/schedule
Old 08-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Michael Lewis clocked 2:11.745 in morning GT3 Challenge practice. Boys are hauling.

Quick Reply: IMSA Porsche BoP Changes for Road America