Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2014 Grand Prix of Germany

Who will win?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for consistently posting the poll Ray... I am sure we all appreciate it!

I think Nico will take it...
Old 07-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PPo
Thanks for consistently posting the poll Ray... I am sure we all appreciate it!

I think Nico will take it...
No problemo......
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,444 Likes on 1,948 Posts

If Nico's car holds together he has it.

Nico
Hammy
Vettel (yup, I said Vettel for a podium)
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Nico for the win and hopeful one or both Williams podium..........Hammy implodes!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:35 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hammy,
I can't wait to hear Vettel's whining. His dice with Alonso in Great Britain was epic.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 PM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going with Hamilton.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:37 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts

Who will probably win: Nico or Hammy

Who I want to win: Massa or Botas
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Mercedes to limit warring drivers pit strategies

Mercedes will restrict the race strategies that can be adopted by its drivers as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg fight for the 2014 title.

Until now, the dominant team has given its driver duo almost free rein to battle for the championship, despite constant speculation that Mercedes and its parent Daimler might prefer to see German Rosberg ultimately triumph.

Italy's Autosprint now reports that one of the ways Mercedes is moving to demonstrate absolute equality between the pair is to limit them to very similar pit strategies.

"The drivers must comply with the same number of pitstops," said correspondent Alberto Antonini.

That aside, the Hamilton and Rosberg camps will be free to wage their battles, even at the risk of some loss of 'transparency' as outlined by boss Toto Wolff recently.

"As an individual, you cannot dominate alone in motor racing," Wolff is quoted by Speed Week. "Our position is a testament to how well we work together.

"But of course there are areas where you keep certain details to yourself to develop an advantage, and this is also accepted by the team.

"But it must not have a negative influence on the development of the team," he insisted.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28471.html
Old 07-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,900 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Who will probably win: Nico or Hammy

Who I want to win: Massa or Botas
+1
Old 07-15-2014, 02:21 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,444 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Mercedes to limit warring drivers pit strategies

Mercedes will restrict the race strategies that can be adopted by its drivers as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg fight for the 2014 title.

Until now, the dominant team has given its driver duo almost free rein to battle for the championship, despite constant speculation that Mercedes and its parent Daimler might prefer to see German Rosberg ultimately triumph.

Italy's Autosprint now reports that one of the ways Mercedes is moving to demonstrate absolute equality between the pair is to limit them to very similar pit strategies.

"The drivers must comply with the same number of pitstops," said correspondent Alberto Antonini.

That aside, the Hamilton and Rosberg camps will be free to wage their battles, even at the risk of some loss of 'transparency' as outlined by boss Toto Wolff recently.

"As an individual, you cannot dominate alone in motor racing," Wolff is quoted by Speed Week. "Our position is a testament to how well we work together.

"But of course there are areas where you keep certain details to yourself to develop an advantage, and this is also accepted by the team.

"But it must not have a negative influence on the development of the team," he insisted.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28471.html
I call bull**** on this. Lets see how this practice works out in the real world. Drivers and cars have different needs at different times during the race. It would be very hard to implement this.

Hoping to see Bottas up from as well as Hulkenburg!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,518 Likes on 2,096 Posts

Just returned from Europe and it's interesting to see the perspective over there..... Basically, less interest than here in the states in terms of ratings and fan following as it's a forgone conclusion the winner will be in the MBF1 camp each and every race.

They also seem to think this will be Kimi's last year at Ferrari and will not see out his contract or be bought out by the team as he was during his first stint at the Scuderia.

Other perspectives from across the pond is that McLaren will be on par with Mercedes or ahead next year when they switch over engine suppliers. Why? Because Honda is not restricted by the engine freeze and development that everyone else is at the moment. They have the luxury of seeing what everyone else is doing, see what works and what doesn't, have exclusivity with McLaren and build the chassis around their engine just like MBF1 did with their engine. If you remember, Mercedes gave their engine to every team they supply just 6 weeks before testing giving their works team a huge advantage. Ferrari and Renault cannot play the catch up game with rules as written right now -- hence the repeated Alonso to McLaren rumors that continue to go around.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:43 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Other perspectives from across the pond is that McLaren will be on par with Mercedes or ahead next year when they switch over engine suppliers. Why? Because Honda is not restricted by the engine freeze and development that everyone else is at the moment. They have the luxury of seeing what everyone else is doing, see what works and what doesn't, have exclusivity with McLaren and build the chassis around their engine just like MBF1 did with their engine. If you remember, Mercedes gave their engine to every team they supply just 6 weeks before testing giving their works team a huge advantage. Ferrari and Renault cannot play the catch up game with rules as written right now -- hence the repeated Alonso to McLaren rumors that continue to go around.
I agree with the thinking that McLaren will be a leading team next year. They have a solid driver line-up with Jenson and Kevin... and they are not the team to settle on status-quo. They are certainly cooking something up for next year.

Will they sign Alonso? I have no idea, and I don't think its necessary for them to be a multiple podium finisher next year.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:44 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 49 Posts

I am really a fan of Button, but I have a feeling McLaren will look to replace him soon. Mag seems to be the faster, younger, future of the team and Alonso would be an excellent addition. Unless next year's Ferrari is a title contender, I think Alonso is done with the Scud.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Interesting to watch Friday P2 practice - and the dozen German fans in the audience. Seriously, is that typical?

Are there no good support qualifying/races? Is the Friday day at the German office so compelling?

Seems pretty pathetic.

Cheers

Matt

Quick Reply: 2014 Grand Prix of Germany