Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Race Series

Old 06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
bigds01
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Race Series

So while I am new to this board, I have been racing for awhile. We have started our own racing series that is open to all cars that meet existing safety specs from things like PCA, SCCA, NASA, etc. We have some interesting ways of making the races fair and enjoyable for all.

Check out www.americanenduranceracing.com to see what we are doing this year
Old 06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good concept much like World racing league however the WRL seems to have a much larger reach and deeper schedule.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Good luck...

with the series. Great concept!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:51 AM
bigds01
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Good concept much like World racing league however the WRL seems to have a much larger reach and deeper schedule.
Actually we are very different. The level of facility we use is different, as well as the classing and driver tracking. WRL is doing what they do best out of their chump heritage in the Midwest. Next year we plan to add COTA and VIR.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

you got the right tracks that is for sure. gonna be a bit chiily at Limerock.
only thing that would keep me from bringing my PCA race cars is the tire rule - why not let us use any tire since our cars are already setup for a specific tire such as Hoosier R6 and Pirelli slick?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 AM
bigds01
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3DE
you got the right tracks that is for sure. gonna be a bit chiily at Limerock.
only thing that would keep me from bringing my PCA race cars is the tire rule - why not let us use any tire since our cars are already setup for a specific tire such as Hoosier R6 and Pirelli slick?
Great question. The reason we don't want to go to slicks is we need as wide as an aperture as possible to get great cars. As an example spec e30's don't use slicks and they make up (along with miata's) the largest group of track cars right now.

I can ensure you that we are offering between 24-27 hours of track time at top flight facilities in a weekend and you won't find another series with our way of tracking individual drivers and their performance over the course of the race.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:49 PM
CTS
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 81 Posts

I recently entered (and won) a 12 hr race put on by WRL. I ran my Spec Boxster with 3 other advanced DE drivers. It was an excellent experience.

Your program sounds great and I wish you luck. Running at top notch tracks is worth the extra cost.

Two things: Don't exclude cars that don't conform to the 180 tread wear rule. You are making it unnecessarily difficult for PCA and NASA cars to participate by doing so. A classing penalty is fine.

Your website does not have enough information (i.e. race length and format) on the schedule for me to plan anything. I would love to do Watkins Glen in October, but since I don't know the race format I cannot plan for it. Events with multiple drivers require a ton of planning which needs to start months prior to the event.

Thanks,

Chris Cervelli
Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Also who the people are that are running the organization and such would help.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

What is the cost for entry? I do not want to sign up and login just for prices.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:34 PM
CP Louie
Track Day

http://www.americanenduranceracing.c...2014-schedule/

This has schedule and entry costs.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:01 PM
bigds01
Instructor

The people putting on the series are folks like myself and other active racers that realized that Lemons isn't for people that want to race, and SCCA/NASA is often to short. If you are looking for a lower cost endurance race at higher end tracks there just isn't someone out there.

What we also found is that many of the series (chump, etc) also have some schtick like limiting the value of your car or modifications. We just want safe cars that people want to race. We group by qualifying day, track the individual drivers performance and normalize if someone sandbagged their qualification time.

In other words pure racing with none of the gimmicks. We did adjust the website based on earlier feedback on this thread, however, we do need to stick to the tire rating as we want this to be about the best drivers not necessarily the stickiest tires.

We created something that we think everyone would be into when you don't do a shorter PCA/NASA/SCCA/etc race. Also if you are interested in racing in a Petit race there isn't a lot of opportunities to do 9 hour races out there.

Make sense?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:20 PM
JT124
7th Gear

Default Just a quick note to clarify a misconception

I founded World Racing League to fill a gap in the market, between crapcan racing and pro-series like IMSA USSC. WRL is geared toward people who want to run true endurance races but didn't, or no longer identify with the crapcan culture - and don't want to spend pro racing amounts of money. There really isn't a "ChumpCar heritage"; while I did run one of the ChumpCar regions for 3 years, my background is SCCA Club Racing, HPDE instructor and manager at Texas World Speedway.

We're taking some of the popular aspects of the crapcan series - team racing, tons of seat time, lower run cost - and plugging them into a more controlled and professional environment. No contact, no gimmicks, no pure novices, no lap penalties, no tortured rule book. Legitimacy that's still a lot of fun.

Sorry for the interruption, just want to set the record straight!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bigds01
The people putting on the series are folks like myself and other active racers that realized that Lemons isn't for people that want to race, and SCCA/NASA is often to short. If you are looking for a lower cost endurance race at higher end tracks there just isn't someone out there.

What we also found is that many of the series (chump, etc) also have some schtick like limiting the value of your car or modifications. We just want safe cars that people want to race. We group by qualifying day, track the individual drivers performance and normalize if someone sandbagged their qualification time.

In other words pure racing with none of the gimmicks. We did adjust the website based on earlier feedback on this thread, however, we do need to stick to the tire rating as we want this to be about the best drivers not necessarily the stickiest tires.

We created something that we think everyone would be into when you don't do a shorter PCA/NASA/SCCA/etc race. Also if you are interested in racing in a Petit race there isn't a lot of opportunities to do 9 hour races out there.

Make sense?
My cars are setup for a specific tires - slicks on the GT3 and r6 for the others. I am not willing to try a new tire and have to resetup my car for your races because of all the time/expense/headache that involves.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CTS
I recently entered (and won) a 12 hr race put on by WRL. I ran my Spec Boxster with 3 other advanced DE drivers. It was an excellent experience.
Wait, so you're sanctioning a race series with full purpose built race cars and don't require a racing license (door to door) to participate?!

I'm all for new racing series and more track time but that seems like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully I read that wrong and good luck with the new series!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
bigds01
Instructor

Originally Posted by mehoff
Wait, so you're sanctioning a race series with full purpose built race cars and don't require a racing license (door to door) to participate?!

I'm all for new racing series and more track time but that seems like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully I read that wrong and good luck with the new series!
I believe the comment you are referring to was not directed at our series. We do require a license from a recognized sanctioning body or a not insignificant amount of other race experience that must be proven.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Race Series