Sponsored by:

Customer Service; It does exist!:

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Customer Service; It does exist!:

I had my eye on a Recaro Profi XL seat…just had to have one. My long time buddy and Recaro dealer, Betim Berisha from BBI Huntington Beach, CA let me know I could demo a seat, "butt test" it at Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley, CA, about a 3 hour drive north of me…It seems that Griffin is the West Coast distributor for Recaro….and side buy side, in very sturdy mounts is most every seat Recaro makes.

The night before the trip, I told Betim, I didn't want to make the trip unless the Profi XL seat was in stock…about 11:00 PM that same evening, I get an e-mail from the owner, Terry Griffin telling me he will call me right after their 9:00 AM opening as to the inventory situation…was I surprised at 7:30 AM to get an e-mail from Terry that they had plenty of stock. Then about 9:30 he called me to reassure me all was well, my potential new seat was in stock, confirmed.

I roll into Griffin in Berkeley at 11:00 AM, and who is at the front counter, Terry. He made certain that I had my "butt test". It seems that he does a lot of Audi work, but he has lots of Porsche car wrenching experience as well. He was also the staff photographer at Laguna Seca for a number of year. I got the distinct impression that Terry wanted my business, and he is getting it.

I sat in the Recaro HANS seat; post "butt check", the Profi XL felt like a lawn chair. I had to have the Recaro HANS, although nearly 2X as much as the Profi XL. Now how do I explain this to wifey?

Bottom line, if you are in NorCal, or anywhere for that matter, and you want an outstanding customer service experience from a very knowledgable owner, Terry, Griffin Motorwerke is not to be missed.

Griffin Motorwerke
1146 Sixth St.
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510) 524-7447
g-werke.com
Old 01-29-2014, 01:42 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

that is a great story. Good vendors are getting harder to find.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

terry is great.
is he still crazy like 20 years ago.
he can drive. probably does faster in his gti sideways than i can drive GT3 straight.
he does lots of audi and vw work. fixed all my scirocco and gti in college.
haven't seen him for ages.

Quick Reply: Customer Service; It does exist!: