Sponsored by:

Thoughts - Daytona 24 unified Grand AM/ALMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Thoughts - Daytona 24 unified Grand AM/ALMS

Curious about what to expect. Have never been to a 24 at Daytona, thinking of flying down January 2014.

What's the consensus on the reunified series?

Favored marques/teams for 2014?

Suggestions for Daytona in January?

Great memories of ALMS at Mosport with the RS Spyders and diesel Audi's...

CHeers!

Matt
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The rolex 24 is an incredible event if you live sports car racing this years event is not to be missed. I've been fortunate to have been in the crew of one of the top teams for several 24's. The collection of racing personalities I really enjoyed. A literal who's who of sports car celebrities and legends. The cars- last year the Ferrari challenge was there with us and it really added a level of excitement.
Personally I can't wait for this years race. To have all the major sports car entities in the world for the inaugural combined event- this should be great. The DP cars will be allowed some changes to make them faster as they go head to head with the LMP2 cars.
Plan on being there early. The teams and atmosphere is much more laid back on Thursday and you can talk to just about anyone. Come Saturday morning though it is all business and everyone's focused on the race.

Be prepared for anything with the weather. The cold rain there just chills to the bone

Quick Reply: Thoughts - Daytona 24 unified Grand AM/ALMS