Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Rise Scissor Lift & Engine Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

In a weekend, you can cut an opening in your concrete, pour a pad, and have the scissors lift low enough so that you can cover it with a piece of plywood and have no clearance (or block placement) issues at all. I have a mid-rise lift that started its life as an industrial lift table.

It's a tool you think you're going to use a couple of times a year. In fact, I use it a couple of times a week. I think that for me, the MaxJax would sit, uninstalled, most of the time -- it just eats up too much floor space. But then, my garage is pretty small.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
It will be the best tool you have ever bought.

BTW- Did you use the side without the bar when you did the engine drop? (Looks like it)
Chad, I used the bar side. It made no difference in the clearance and the car is rock solid stable with or without the engine. I wish I would have bought this tool 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by JackOlsen
In a weekend, you can cut an opening in your concrete, pour a pad, and have the scissors lift low enough so that you can cover it with a piece of plywood and have no clearance (or block placement) issues at all. I have a mid-rise lift that started its life as an industrial lift table.

It's a tool you think you're going to use a couple of times a year. In fact, I use it a couple of times a week. I think that for me, the MaxJax would sit, uninstalled, most of the time -- it just eats up too much floor space. But then, my garage is pretty small.

The cheesy video.
Jack, I have seen and admired your setup for a while. I may do what you did. I pulled 1 dedicated 120v 30A and 1 dedicated 240v 30a outlets of extra power for the lift and a compressor or whatever I may use with high power requirements.
The Max Jax was going to use so much room and I would not be able to park another car on that side anytime I had the car on the lift. And then there is the concrete compression strength issue.
I am refinishing the garage now. Paint in the summer, floor coatings in the fall when temps are ideal for epoxy and poly-urea coatings.

Quick Reply: Mid-Rise Scissor Lift & Engine Removal