Sponsored by:

For Sale Highly Competitive Estock 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For Sale Highly Competitive Estock 944 Turbo

MJG Racing/BR Performance/Bennett 1987, 944 Turbo #197. E stock (with spares can also be campaigned in F and G)

Highly competitive, highly developed/reliable car in the most competitive class in PCA Racing.

3rd Place in National Points 2011, and 2012.

Rennpoint links
http://www.rennpoints.com/points/
http://www.rennpoints.com/points/?cl...ne=0&year=2012
http://www.rennpoints.com/driverhist...ichard+Bennett

13 Race starts in 2012, 9 1st place, 2 2nds, 1 5th(started from back of grid), 1 DNF (puncture).
7 podium stickers- 5 1st place podiums in points races, 2 2nds in points races. The DNF was also a points race.

8 DNF’s in 79 races. Only 1 in the last 3 years (34 Race starts), which was the puncture at Heartland.

Lap records in E and F and competitive in G.

Video links either from my car or my car is in it.

Car History
I do all my own work. The original car was my street white 1989 Turbo S which I owned since 1997. It gradually morphed into a Race car, with the log book dating from 2004.

The car was originally campaigned in E stock (now Fstock) untill 2009 when it was damaged and I re-shelled it into a 1987 shell, and re-classed as an Estock car. I switched to E as it is the most competitive class with the most cars, and the most fun in my opinion.

The 1987 shell was a low mileage (90k) street car shell without ABS. The car suffered minor body damage at my hands at Hallett in 2009, when I had an incident with the tire wall. No frame damage occurred, all body panels are original except for the drivers door, which was easier to replace than re-skin.

Fresh Engine was rebuilt and installed in 2009, using a low mileage (60k) TurboS block and head. The original motor from the white car remains as a spare with a thrown #2 baring.

I have developed the car over the last 9 years to be as competitive and reliable as possible. My desire is to race all weekend and not wrench. The car is very reliable, and competitive, and still streetable. There are still a few tweeks that I was planning that would make the car even more competitive/reliable. I would be happy to share my ideas with any potential buyer.

Specs

Engine
TurboS block and head rebuilt 2009
Lindsey stock spec wastegate
Lindsey engine supermounts
AC Delete
Kiss Mocal oil cooler
Mobil 1 oil.
Full 3” stainless straight through exhaust, no cats or muffler.
Wizard all aluminum race radiator.

Transmission
KEP/SPEC Stage 1 clutch
Stock AOR/LSD transmission from a low mileage (60k) TurboS.
Mobil 1 synthetic.oil
Polyurethane filled transmission mount
Short shift

Suspension
All solid mounts
Fabcar A arms with RE spherical bearings for main bushings and caster blocks
Roller bearing Torsion bar carrier.
RE spherical bearing rear Trailing arm bearings.
Motons Clubsports. 3 way adjustable. Main and tender springs at front. Coilovers and light rate T bars at rear
Weltmeister full adjustable sway bars front and back.
Wetmeister strut brace

Brakes/Steering
Stock Turbo brakes, solid rotors. Various pads.
Delrin mounted steering rack
Prospeed 670 brake fluid
Brake cooling ducts and 968 scoops at the front
Stainless steel lines
ABS with easily accessible ABS reset switch

Body
Low mileage, 1987 shell with ABS.
Accident free (until the bump in 2009).
Nile green metallic. It was re-sprayed before I owned it. The front was re-finished in 2009, but has since been sandblasted from track debris (see picture below), and there are various marks, dings, nothing major. Graphics are removeable. I had planned to change the windshield and repaint the front this winter. I got as far as the windshield then other priorities intervened. I would be prepared to re-finish the front.
Brand new glass windshield, original power windows are fully functional. Rear hatch is glass and operates off the switch per factory.
Fiberglass rear bumper.
All OEM aero panels in place, including the underbody panels, lower side panels,under engine shielding, bat wing etc. Retains the wheel well liners.
Stone guard protection/grills for radiator and oil coolers built into front nose.
Mitch Piper fully welded cage. $6k
Custom seat back brace
Sparco EVO2 seats. Drivers side new in 2012
6 point camlock drivers belt, with HANS shoulder straps
Retains black stock interior, and center console. Heating system deleted. Cup door pulls. Electric windows retained, stock electric mirrors
Fixed/bonded sunroof
Momo Corsa steering wheel with NRG quick release
PCA/AMB Hard wired Transponder.
Front and rear tow hooks
Lighweight Odyssey battery.
Auxiliary boost gage
Cool suit
Panoramic mirror
Fully functional lighting, indicators and wipers, so the car can be registered and driven on the street.

Wheels
2 sets of 18” 996 Carrera lightweight wheels
1 pair 18” 996 Turbo Twist Hollow spoke front wheels.

Spares
Spare TurboS motor, Oringed head, swaincoated pistons
Rebuilt AOR TurboS Transmission with S2 ring gear
Torsion tube
Turbo tranny with cooler/no LSD
TurboS spindles, calipers, and rotors
Spare Turbo front and rear calipers and rotors
Sets of stock exhaust manifolds and crossovers
Rebuilt Turbo
Front fenders
Front nose
Spare DME’s, KLR’s and Chips including TurboS and Turbo Cup.

Class weight 3049lb with driver.

$30k w/o spares. trailer also available
Attached Images          

Last edited by samluke; 01-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Fast car and fast driver....GLWS.

Richard, what's next???
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Michael,

Thanks for the compliment. Not sure whats next. As you know I campaigned our BR Perfoirmance F1 1ab Chump car in 2012. Just got a 3rd from Laguna Seca! It takes a lot of time and effort to keep 1 race car competitive and reliable let alone 2. I have a lot of 2013 Chumpcar races planned, and I can't seem to find many PCA races that match my schedule.

I really don't want to sell, the car, I have lots of fond memories and emotional attachments over 12years with it.

If I sell it I should give myself a break and focus on the chumpcar, but knowing me I would look for some other project, and create even more work!! U doing Hallett Chumps?

I hope to be there, rallying the troops as we speak.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Parting by chance?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 AM
turbochad
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Richard,

I am sorry to see you selling your car. I was looking forward to racing you this year. Best of luck in Chump Car.

Regards,

Chad ***
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Chad,

The reality is I will probably not sell. The emotional attachment is too strong. I want to race Kansas Speedway, and Hallett.

If COTA comes through, I'll do that as well, then I have to find another.

Black, no I won't part it. That would be like making your favorite child an organ donor while they are still living and breathing, and able to win the 100m sprint!

Last edited by samluke; 01-10-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
wesmc3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke

Black, bo I won't part it. That would be like making your favorite child an organ donor while they are still living and breathing.
That is so wrong...and funny
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

so everybody in E in the midwest moves up 1?

I dont think Richard (even with his well known (to his friends anyway) um, uh shall we say tightfistedness?) will be able to part with this car. It is too much a part of him, blood and soul.

No way, no how.

Sammie Jade, call me for your stick lessons quickly so he will have to give it to you if he persists in this madness.........
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
Michael,

Thanks for the compliment. Not sure whats next. As you know I campaigned our BR Perfoirmance F1 1ab Chump car in 2012. Just got a 3rd from Laguna Seca! It takes a lot of time and effort to keep 1 race car competitive and reliable let alone 2. I have a lot of 2013 Chumpcar races planned, and I can't seem to find many PCA races that match my schedule.

I really don't want to sell, the car, I have lots of fond memories and emotional attachments over 12years with it.

If I sell it I should give myself a break and focus on the chumpcar, but knowing me I would look for some other project, and create even more work!! U doing Hallett Chumps?

I hope to be there, rallying the troops as we speak.
Not going to make Hallett Chump race due to PCA at TWS. We'll probably be going dormant in Chumps until TWS in June. The team is too busy with work (?) to make the long hauls at the beginning of the year. I'm focusing on the SP996 for the time being.

Hope to see you at the track soon.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

E Stock around this part of the country just won't be right without Richard.

Nah - no sale.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Never met you Richard, but I've watched you drive at Hallett. It would be a loss to us all if you were to sell this car and get out of E class. ...unless you sold it and got int SP996.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Silver Rose
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, Please sell it!!!
The only chance I have to get ahead of you is when your in a chump car. I am sure it has nothing to do with a 200hp advantage the Porsche has!!!!

No really, GLWS, it is an awsome car!!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

Originally Posted by jayhawk
so everybody in E in the midwest moves up 1?

Sammie Jade, call me for your stick lessons quickly so he will have to give it to you if he persists in this madness.........
+1 !!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Welty
Rennlist Member

I have not been on the track with Bennett durng PCA races. But, I can first hand report. That he towed his ChumpCar from KC in the middle of the Winter to Laguna Seca (LS). A track that he has never been on. Within a couple of laps. He was within the best times of anyone. Folks who are good drivers here on the West Coast. Familar with LS. The scary part. He never got LS Turn 2 right. He might still have left some time in his pocket?

Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:44 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

2 more points wins in 2013 and a second place non points. No DNF's and the car still has further development potential. Open on price and possible trades. 997 turbo S cabriolet, manual transmission is a car I am looking to own.

Nascar radio system installed for 2013.

http://rennpoints.com/driverhistory/...ichard+Bennett

Latest video.

Last edited by samluke; 08-07-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: For Sale Highly Competitive Estock 944 Turbo