Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APEX Pro Gen 1 for Sale $150

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 03:44 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default APEX Pro Gen 1 for Sale $150 (SOLD)

See ad here: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1281141

Last edited by Martin S.; 12-18-2021 at 09:11 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 12-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

missed it my that much
Old 12-16-2021, 12:52 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

That is a DEAL!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-17-2021, 11:23 AM
Tigers10
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
That is a DEAL!
I'm happy I was able to snag this. Will be interesting to try this along with my Catalyst, which I have been a huge fan of over now 6 DEs.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:50 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Great supplement

Originally Posted by Tigers10
I'm happy I was able to snag this. Will be interesting to try this along with my Catalyst, which I have been a huge fan of over now 6 DEs.
Thanks for your business. I priced it cheap hoping to get it into the hands of an enthusiast, it worked!!!

Use the 2 sided stick mount to place the APEX Pro in the center of the dash with exposure to the horizon/sky, as per usual. That will be one ( 1) less windshield mount. As the laps proceed, in conjunction. with the Catalyst coaching, make tweaks to your line on the fly to optimize your performance. In the corners, keep those LEDs all green, or as many as possible.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

The Apex Pro and the Catalyst are very complimentary, IMO. They do different things and offer complimentary ways of displaying what you are doing and, more importantly, what you’ve done.

Congrats and report back!
Old 12-18-2021, 01:09 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

The Apex is great as it gives you the real time analysis with the lights, but also some actual data in your phone after the session. If you like the data, it often proves to be a leader to a more full featured data system. BUT, there are a ton of people who are really happy with just the Apex data. It's a great tool and something that fits the bill for a lot of people. When I have some back in stock, I can loan you a Solo 2 and then you can see them all side by side. It would be great to have a comparison from a "new" user.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:34 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

APEX Pro's data is easy to access and is invaluable. The lights on the LED display give you real time feedback on tire grip. You want all Green in the corners. When the Red creeps in, adjust your line accordingly...it's that simple. Post session data analysis is easy to access, and very relevant. Matt R. and Peter K. are the two (2) stores I have been to, can't comment on any others, but these two (2) are first class, providing support as needed, and both big supporters of Rennlist.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:48 PM
dasing
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If you like the data, it often proves to be a leader to a more full featured data system.
I can't remember if this has been discussed before but I think it would be neat if the APEX Pro could output which lights were on to a signal which other data loggers could record. Even if it was something as simple as 0.25 volts for each light turned on. In my mind, that would allow the system to better compliment AiM products and the like and allow users to see how much grip the APEX Pro thinks was available while still being able to utilize the power of a full logger like what AiM offers.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 05:27 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dasing
I can't remember if this has been discussed before but I think it would be neat if the APEX Pro could output which lights were on to a signal which other data loggers could record. Even if it was something as simple as 0.25 volts for each light turned on. In my mind, that would allow the system to better compliment AiM products and the like and allow users to see how much grip the APEX Pro thinks was available while still being able to utilize the power of a full logger like what AiM offers.
I think you’re looking at it too simplistically. The way the Apex Pro calculates and presents the information is not possible for the AiM to do. And it makes no sense to have Apex build an analog or CAN out so someone can use some other software to figure out what is going on. Especially when that software is something most users find not particularly intuitive to use.

The Apex Pro uses a 9-axis IMU (three are error correction, correction and validation) plus real-time learning using an AI component, the type of in-session processing not available and not possible in other logging systems, including AiM. This allows for correction and adjustment to the demonstrated level of tire use while taking in to account camber, gain or loss, elevation, gain and loss, traction conditions (tire degradation and environmental conditions (wet/damp/dry).

As one of the largest dealers for AiM for a decade and the first dealer for Apex Pro, I see the pros and cons for both systems, methodologies and software. The differences are stark.

This is why I’ve made it a point to offer many different systems, with some clients using multiple systems to get what they need to improve. The buyer of the Apex Pro, using it in conjunction with the Garming Catalyst, will have two systems provide actionable (without the need for navigation expertise, software familiarity and even a laptop at the track) information to go faster the NEXT session.

AiM, MoTeC and VBOX are all well and good, but they just show you what you did, not what you can do to go faster, at least without navigating operating systems, downloading data and video and knowing what to do with it by facile use of the analysis software…
Old 12-18-2021, 05:37 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Plus Matt and I have been waiting for more than four months for Solo 2’s and Solo2 DL’s. So don’t hold your breath.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:45 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think you’re looking at it too simplistically. The way the Apex Pro calculates and presents the information is not possible for the AiM to do. And it makes no sense to have Apex build an analog or CAN out so someone can use some other software to figure out what is going on. Especially when that software is something most users find not particularly intuitive to use.

The Apex Pro uses a 9-axis IMU (three are error correction, correction and validation) plus real-time learning using an AI component, the type of in-session processing not available and not possible in other logging systems, including AiM. This allows for correction and adjustment to the demonstrated level of tire use while taking in to account camber, gain or loss, elevation, gain and loss, traction conditions (tire degradation and environmental conditions (wet/damp/dry).

As one of the largest dealers for AiM for a decade and the first dealer for Apex Pro, I see the pros and cons for both systems, methodologies and software. The differences are stark.
dasing's comment is not an uncommon ask or odd. If Apex put out the score, real time, into another system that had more data, it could be helpful to lots of people.
Old 12-18-2021, 06:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

dasing's comment is not an uncommon ask or odd. If Apex put out the score, real time, into another system that had more data, it could be helpful to lots of people.
Yes, and if AiM exported their files in .ld and .ldx, or .pds files to analyze in i2 Pro or Toolbox, that would be helpful to a fair number of people, too. Why? Because AiM has the contract to provide MXG dashes in BMW and Audi GT4 cars and those pro series engineers are calling me all the time to ask that same question…

Last edited by ProCoach; 12-18-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2021, 06:30 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Plus Matt and I have been waiting for more than four months for Solo 2’s and Solo2 DL’s. So don’t hold your breath.
They are hopefully available soon. I would guess the scale of AiM's problem with the semiconductor shortages is larger than a lot of other manufacturers because of the number of devices they make.

Yes, and if AiM exported their files in .ld and .ldx, or .pds files to analyze in i2 Pro or Toolbox, that would be helpful to a fair number of people, too. Why? Because AiM has the contract to provide MXG dashes in BMW and Audi GT4 cars and those pro series engineers are calling me all the time to ask that same question…

I think you missed the point. He isn't asking them to give anything away - he would like it to work like a sensor. Buy the unit and have an output of the lights i.e. 7/10 lights = 70%, 8/10 lights = 80%, and so on. Then you would have the apex rating for each corner, still buy their device, not intrude on their IP, etc, etc.
Old 12-18-2021, 06:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

They are hopefully available soon. I would guess the scale of AiM's problem with the semiconductor shortages is larger than a lot of other manufacturers because of the number of devices they make.

I think you missed the point. He isn't asking them to give anything away - he would like it to work like a sensor. Buy the unit and have an output of the lights i.e. 7/10 lights = 70%, 8/10 lights = 80%, and so on. Then you would have the apex rating for each corner, still buy their device, not intrude on their IP, etc, etc.
I have found the shortages to be universal, and impacting all the leading makers equally. In the S2/S2DL’s case, it’s displays that are holding them up. With VBOX, it’s imaging sensors. MoTeC? Processors, typical for this very powerful onboard processing equipment. It’s just like trying to put together the modular AiM systems. You just need a shortage of one or two components to prevent complete assembly of the order!

Umm, you’re the one missing the point. Each vendor and maker has specific parameters they’re trying to meet, not dependent on other vendor’s needs, wants or desires. The way they calculate the Apex score IS their IP. Smdh… I would think if anyone would understand that, you would.

Quick Reply: APEX Pro Gen 1 for Sale $150