Seeking Advice for First Data Acquisition System

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 04:11 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
But if you have a warranty issue, don't let too much time go by.
Sorry you had trouble, Rick.

I take care of and am an advocate for warranty claims and repairs for all my customers. Don't remember anyone having to pay for anything, even if I did.

Again, I have had proportionately a very small amount of difficulty with AiM, compared to others. Heck, I threw away tons of Replays and GoPros that I warranteed for my customers.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-03-2014, 04:40 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Sorry you had trouble, Rick.

I take care of and am an advocate for warranty claims and repairs for all my customers. Don't remember anyone having to pay for anything, even if I did.

Again, I have had proportionately a very small amount of difficulty with AiM, compared to others. Heck, I threw away tons of Replays and GoPros that I warranteed for my customers.
Hi Peter
No problems with AiM that weren't self induced (by me, that is). I suspect it would have been easy if I had asked Spencer to intercede, but for the small amount of $ involved it wasn't justified.
AiM could easily have offered to waive the lens replacement fee knowing that I've had the lens problem since I first used it, but other than expressing surprise, I didn't push.
I know I look like I'm being passive aggressive about this but that is not my intent. I'm encouraging Smarty HD to check their lens clarity and if its not right to watch out for the warranty period.
And I'll admit that I am mildly peeved at myself!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

what do i need if i want overlay video with good quality? and i dont want to spend on a aim dash?

i currently have a contour + camera with traqmate but its too complicated and it takes lot of time..
Old 12-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The Traqmate can turn on and off most Sony Camcorders. You can find used HD Sony very cheap, and the new ones aren't that bad. TM sells a cable to connect the TM to the camera, and control it. You still need to sync the data in Traqvision, but this is pretty easy with the timestamp the TM puts on the camera's memory card when it starts, though the cable. Not Smartycam easy, though, and still tiime consuming for a full rendering.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
what do i need if i want overlay video with good quality? and i dont want to spend on a aim dash?

i currently have a contour + camera with traqmate but its too complicated and it takes lot of time..
I think TraqStudio (Traqview with video sync) is absolutely the easiest way to sync and burn a video file with basic information (speed/g's/lap times) on it there is, even when there is not a connection between the TM and the camera. Only works with Traqmate and ANY video camera.

Next step is TrackVision, RaceRender or Dashware, three third-party (any one of them) software packages ($30-$80) that allow you to mate any video with any data that can be exported from an in expensive logger. AiM Solo, TM, RT, V-Box Sport, all loggers from $400-$750.

All I can say is that if TraqStudio is too complicated, then the others take even more time and several more steps. It just takes time and a pretty fast computer (if using HD video).

Quick Reply: Seeking Advice for First Data Acquisition System