Rennlist Discussion Forums   classifieds | membership | rennlist | photo album    
sponsors | upload photo | chat    

Go Back   Rennlist Discussion Forums > Performance & Competition Discussion Areas > Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
ProCoach
Rennlist Member
Rennlist
Small Business Partner

peter.krause VintageProCoach

This is terrific! Thanks.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Private, Professional and Individual Driver Performance Analysis Trackside in North America and Remotely
Authorized, Value-Added Traqmate, AiM Sports, Video VBOX HD, MoTeC C125/C185, Race-Keeper HDX2 and SmartyCam HD Dealer
ProCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
Jeff Lamb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Red group qualifying:

James Sofronas at the top of GTA2 with a 2:06.5

Cory Friedman at the top of GTC5 with a 2:08.3

Very nice . . .

Jeff
Jeff Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
Jeff Lamb
Addict
Rennlist Member

According to the blog, the first Red Group sprint race has finished and here are the top three:

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

I would LOVE to see some in car video from any of these top three cars. It was these three quite a ways in front and then all the rest. The battle between Veilleux and Friedman sure looks like it was really close!!

Jeff
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
GT3 Techno
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb View Post
According to the blog, the first Red Group sprint race has finished and here are the top three:

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

I would LOVE to see some in car video from any of these top three cars. It was these three quite a ways in front and then all the rest. The battle between Veilleux and Friedman sure looks like it was really close!!

Jeff
I Will ask Stef. Veilleux if I can post his in-car footage. This guy didn't drive a race car since June of last year at the Glen and only for one testing session !
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Coco_951
User

Roger the blogger is awesome! What a great addition to an amazing weekend.
Coco_951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
RogerJ
User

I don't know about awesome, yet I would appreciate it if you would remind my wife... No shot with my kids...

It was really was a great experience to try something new and have it work really well. The folks running the 48 Hours of Sebring were great to work with as were my PCA counterparts. I am most appreciative of their willingness to try something new. With something like this it is easy to find a thousand reasons not to do it.

I did it with a team in ALMS last year and from a marketing standpoint it really helped "build the brand" and gain loyal supporters of the team. The Flying Lizard team has done a great job with this and I am just amazed that more are not doing it.

Lastly, the 48 Hours of Sebring is such a great example of what PCA is all about. There are a bunch of us who bust our butts to make this stuff happen. The reward is the feeling of accomplishment you get when you make that left turn out of the track after the event and all you can think is; wow, we did something really cool. No matter what your role was, you have the same feeling. And I can tell you, there are few better feelings in life. That of accomplishment.

So thanks for the kind words. A word of advice - get involved. There is no better feeing.

Roger the blogger
RogerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
RogerJ
User

One more thing; the "replay" will be available at at both PCA.org and the 48 hours at Sebring site.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Chris M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerJ View Post
I don't know about awesome, yet I would appreciate it if you would remind my wife... No shot with my kids...

It was really was a great experience to try something new and have it work really well. The folks running the 48 Hours of Sebring were great to work with as were my PCA counterparts. I am most appreciative of their willingness to try something new. With something like this it is easy to find a thousand reasons not to do it.

I did it with a team in ALMS last year and from a marketing standpoint it really helped "build the brand" and gain loyal supporters of the team. The Flying Lizard team has done a great job with this and I am just amazed that more are not doing it.

Lastly, the 48 Hours of Sebring is such a great example of what PCA is all about. There are a bunch of us who bust our butts to make this stuff happen. The reward is the feeling of accomplishment you get when you make that left turn out of the track after the event and all you can think is; wow, we did something really cool. No matter what your role was, you have the same feeling. And I can tell you, there are few better feelings in life. That of accomplishment.

So thanks for the kind words. A word of advice - get involved. There is no better feeing.

Roger the blogger
It was great following the blog and thanks for volunteering your time to make it happen. Next time you'll need a rolling disclaimer across the top: I AM NOT IN CHARGE OF THE VIDEO FEED!
97 C4S 3.8
Chris M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

RogerJ, the "other" RogerJ is a dear friend and my family thought it was him doing the postings...

I read part of the blogs during the weekend and enjoyed them. It kept those who could not make it in the loop. MANY THANKS for that!!!!
Juan Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
RogerJ
User

Juan, great drives this weekend, You were fun to watch. I had dinner Saturday evening with Roger at the BBQ. The "other" RogerJ is also a good friend of mine. We have been in the same race a number of times. Usually we just struggle with hotel reservations, including at the Chateau this weekend <G>.

I visited with Brady and he said he was considering coming to Brainerd again. I Chair that race and would love to see you guys. It's a fun event.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! They enjoyed Brainerd very much. We have been talking about it....!
Juan Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #27
Adam@Autometrics
User

Quote:

1. Sofronas
2. Veilleux +3.8
3. Friedman +4.1

Jeff
Cory said he is planning on editing some video today and hopefully posting it up soon.
Adam@Autometrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #28
Jeff Lamb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Techno View Post
I Will ask Stef. Veilleux if I can post his in-car footage. This guy didn't drive a race car since June of last year at the Glen and only for one testing session !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Autometrics View Post
Cory said he is planning on editing some video today and hopefully posting it up soon.
That would be fantastic if both of you are able to post some video. From what I could determine from following the blog, both Veilleux and Friedman were really flying and had some great battles going on!!

Jeff
Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
GT3 Techno
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
That would be fantastic if both of you are able to post some video. From what I could determine from following the blog, both Veilleux and Friedman were really flying and had some great battles going on!!

Jeff
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...print-1-a.html
Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Rennlist

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 48, 48hoursatsebringcomliveblog, autocross, blog, club, forty, hours, pca, photos, pictures, race, results, sebring, video