Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I picked Indy so I feel like someone else should pick. Ed? Justin? Sean? Ryan?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Vettes @ Mosport?

Yep, great time last night. My best effort to date and watching Justin, Patrick and Tom go at it was a bonus. I manages to stay just within view of the action.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 AM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Mosport in something fast
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mosport is awesome. I haven't run the Vette yet, but it sounds like a good challenge.

Hopefully next week I can keep better pace with the leaders. I practice for a couple hours before the race working on my set up and was running consistent 206.2's and by the time the race came I could find my braking zone to save my life. My best lap might have been a mid 207.
It was awesome running with such skilled drivers. Hopefully some of that will rub off.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I'll be on Monday night and could host a session if others are interested. PM me for my real name if you don't already have it. I'll probably get on around 5pm MDT.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, C6R at Mosport next week!

great combo. a few of my GT3 Cup/GTC clients have been training with that combo, it's a load of fun.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in for a monday practice.

I need some wheel/pedal advice. I am currently using the logitech DFGT set up, and am looking for some budget minded upgrades "g25, g27, T500, or new Fanatec pedals and up grade the wheel later". Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the DFGT, and recently upgraded the pedals to the Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals, for $149.00. I'll be pulling the trigger next on the Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel (which is multiplatform - PC, PS3, XBox) for $249...the DFGT wheel is fine, but I have friends who don't iRace but who do race with GT5 and Forza and one wheel will cover all.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Vette at Mosport sounds good. Would also be a pretty good warmup for any Lizards that are racing there on the 22nd...

I'm using a g25 with a modified brake pedal. I would upgrade to a Fanatec for my next one.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Sean, if you want to be budget conscious, get better pedals like the Fanatec first as that might be enough. I have the CSR Elite pedals as well and like them but haven't tried anything other than and older Logitech (pre DFGT) and the G27 and I do prefer what I have. I have the Fanatec CSR wheel (non elite model) so I can use it with Xbox as well and I do like it but I don't think the wheel matters nearly as much as the Pedals IMO. The FF is better in nicer wheels but not needed of course just to race.

Sounds good, I'll host a session on Monday then. I'll get details later, on the road for an SCCA National Tour at PPIR.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

Alright guys, I'm getting started early this week... Never seen Mosport before, or driven the C6R. Downloaded both tonight and after 30 min of practice i clicked off a 1:16.9. I'm guessing I'm the slow bogie for now. I'll keep my eyes open to see if you guys are getting together on monday
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Alright guys, I'm getting started early this week... Never seen Mosport before, or driven the C6R. Downloaded both tonight and after 30 min of practice i clicked off a 1:16.9. I'm guessing I'm the slow bogie for now. I'll keep my eyes open to see if you guys are getting together on monday
what setup are you using? the mosport fixed set is pretty good.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

Im just using whatever the baseline is for the car when i downloaded it. Is there a way to find the specific fixed setup for that track?

Im really bad about dialing in the cars. I can usually make a couple small changes in toe or brake bias to take the evil edge off of something that doesnt quite fit my style, but never brave enough to start making big changes. I think I've raced the base setup every time Ive raced with this group. By the time we get to the race the shared setups usually feel twitchier or less stable, and I say screw it, and continue with the way I was practicing.

on the C6R I basically dialed out a little of the front brake bias, and drove it as is. The car doesnt feel bad, certainly a touch more composed than the cadillac, and obviously faster in a straight line.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Im just using whatever the baseline is for the car when i downloaded it. Is there a way to find the specific fixed setup for that track?

Im really bad about dialing in the cars. I can usually make a couple small changes in toe or brake bias to take the evil edge off of something that doesnt quite fit my style, but never brave enough to start making big changes. I think I've raced the base setup every time Ive raced with this group. By the time we get to the race the shared setups usually feel twitchier or less stable, and I say screw it, and continue with the way I was practicing.

on the C6R I basically dialed out a little of the front brake bias, and drove it as is. The car doesnt feel bad, certainly a touch more composed than the cadillac, and obviously faster in a straight line.
iracing setups, then look for the right track name.

I suck at setups too, that's why I use the fixed setups so much. I managed to click off a 14.9 using that setup (optimal was 14.7)
Old 07-13-2012, 01:10 AM
masterianvii
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
this is for Bedros, our resident AMG nutter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbtzew8N7E
Haha... I was watching them film this. Believe it or not, they were going 30mph around the track. Though Tommy did set a killer lap though when he wasn't chasing the camera van.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread