Sponsored by:

World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default World Challenge

Looks like Patrick Long and James Sofronas are holding off the Volvos and Porsche is leading the Manufacturers Championship. It could be the only one for Porsche this year depending on the Grand Am outcome.

regards
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Grand Am is going to come down to the wire, and ALMS is already out, but I wouldn't doubt if Pat and James clinched it at Laguna! I hope they do, Pat has done a hell of a job dealing with his "rewards weight", and taking full advantage at "Porsche strong" tracks. I swear, that kid is a damn robot or something!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought somebody wrote it here that 996 GT3 race cars are eligible for GTS class - would be nice to see some run. Based on lap times they should do well. I know several are built on West Coast.

Come on Mooty!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
drbooba1
Instructor

I hear you about Pat Long he is amazing and that Truspeed car of his has got to be really heavy compared with the Volvos which are light and incrediably fast, not to mention the Cads and Mike Skeen . It is true sports car racing with all the makes represented
Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
I thought somebody wrote it here that 996 GT3 race cars are eligible for GTS class - would be nice to see some run. Based on lap times they should do well. I know several are built on West Coast.

Come on Mooty!
If someone wants to run more than just next year, they'll need to bring a 997 GT3 that they've converted to race trim. The 2005 996 GT3 will only be elligible for one more year. And the word out there is that Porsche would like to see more cars in GTS. There could be some support out there if someone were to put together a 2 car team.

We were there this weekend. Watching Pat was a joy. He just decimated the field on Saturday. With lots of green flag racing, he just got to take the ball and run with it.

Quick Reply: World Challenge