Sponsored by:

GoPro video cameras

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
I have the camera and motorsports kit I'll sell if anyone is interested. I could also include the 8 GB card I have for it. I also bought the roll bar mount. I used it once to try it out, otherwise it is brand new. With the card adn mount, I probably have $300.00 in it but I'll deal.
SOLD!. Thank you John!

Last edited by NVRANUF; 05-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Evo HD camera & they are on sale.

http://www.raceoptics.com/

Here is some of my in-car
http://vimeo.com/23204252
Old 07-24-2014, 08:58 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 519 Likes on 278 Posts

I've got a GoPro mount in both cars, use them for racing, DE, Hill Climbs, autocross, etc. Never had a problem (except the time I forgot to put the card in...doh!). I use the suction mount to do outside shots.

Lots of videos here, anything from about 2011 is with the GoPro (previously used a Handycam) http://www.youtube.com/naroescape

I bought a bunch of the Remote Start buttons from Tony back a while ago. I still have a handful of them...with and without the LED 'On' indicator. don't konw if they work with the newest GoPro's, but they do with HD versions 1 and 2... PM me if you're interested, I'd like to move them....

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New go pro 4 on the way...this summer
Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Contour, are they still around???

"I have a Contour have had no issues with it and find it very easy to operate."

I liked the look of the Contour, went to get one, they appeared to be out of business. Their web site is dead.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 AM
captdownshift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contour appears to be back

http://contour.com/

(although I haven't attempted to add anything to the cart) Ion camera appear to be a decent option as well. Some of the software packages that allow for telemetry data overlay such as Racerender and track vision make a bigger difference in the end product then the camera does at this point to me.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:39 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by captdownshift
Some of the software packages that allow for telemetry data overlay such as Racerender and track vision make a bigger difference in the end product then the camera does at this point to me.
^^This^^

You can spend time doing this or it can be done on the fly by AiM SmartyCam or Video VBOX Lite...

Race-Keeper and Race Technology, as well as MoTeC, does it after the fact automatically, as does Traqmate with a few more downloading steps.

Cameras are the greatest boon to reviewing your on-track performance EVER. But the more you do this, the more you want to see the speeds, g's, lap times (to identify best cumulative performance and zero in on that) and other info ON the video...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
^^This^^

You can spend time doing this or it can be done on the fly by AiM SmartyCam or Video VBOX Lite...

Race-Keeper and Race Technology, as well as MoTeC, does it after the fact automatically, as does Traqmate with a few more downloading steps.

Cameras are the greatest boon to reviewing your on-track performance EVER. But the more you do this, the more you want to see the speeds, g's, lap times (to identify best cumulative performance and zero in on that) and other info ON the video...
Peter is right on here…get it done on the fly with AIM Smarty Cam, or…

The Good news if you just want a dumb camera facing to the rear, Contour is back (See below).

CONTOUR RETURNS TO POV CAMERA MARKET

COUNTOUR_Newsletter_Header_2

New ownership creates strong brand positioning that includes competitive product roadmap

Provo, Utah (April 3, 2014) – CONTOUR, pioneers of the action sports camera industry, is now under new ownership and is once again a key contender in the Point of View (POV) camera market. After completing a financial overhaul, reorganizing its plans for new product innovation and building a framework for vastly improved distribution, CONTOUR is back on the map as a legitimate player in the POV world.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:34 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got one aim smarty cam and dl solo from pro coach. Great seller and support! Just pull out card from camera and pop it into Mac or PC and voila. Vid with data.

Sold my traqmate cheap. With gopro. Too much time for me to sync vids.

Mk

Quick Reply: GoPro video cameras