Sponsored by:

BMW E30 Racecar For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:38 PM
gottagofast13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW E30 Racecar For Sale

Although it pains me to sell this car, work obligations in 2010-2011 will prevent me from getting to the track much. I need to make room in my garage, so I'm very motivated to sell the car.

I currently race the car in the Midwest Division of SCCA in ITS. This car holds 2 track records at Heartland Park (1.8 and 2.3 mile configurations), it is .01 second off the track record for the 2.5 mile configuration at Heartland Park, and it is .3 second off the track record at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. In 2009 this car won the Mid-Am Championship and IT Tour Championship for the ITS class (no DNFs, all wins except one 2nd place finish). This is a turn-key car that is ready to win races!

This car will make a very competitive SCCA ITS car, it is mostly legal for BMWCCA KP class (just need to remove brake bias valve), and you could sell off many parts to make it legal for Spec E30. Or, this would make a great/safe DE car.

Body/Chassis:
- Car started life as a 1984 318. A mostly-complete conversion (to 87 325i) was done prior to me owning the car: engine, ecu, brakes, etc.
- The only piece I had to complete was moving the battery to the trunk. A battery tray from an 87 325i was welded into the trunk of this car. This was done by a professional body shop, Butler’s C&D.
- The body has dings here and there and the paint is pretty typical for a racecar (6 out of 10). From 10+ feet the car looks great. The custom motorsports stripes make this car stand out in the field.
- Custom metal front bumper…much more durable than the stock bumper.
- 2,750 lbs (ITS minimum weight) with 10 gallons fuel, 185 lb driver, and 200 lbs ballast. ~2,300 lbs dry without ballast and driver.

Safety/Interior:
- Autopower bolt-in 6 point cage. 6 bars have been added/welded in to add to safety/rigidity.
- NASCAR door bars added for driver’s and passenger’s side. Dash bar added as well for improved safety.
- G-Force 6-point, FIA, camlock harnesses for driver – good thru 2013. Old Simpson 5-point harness for passenger.
- Sparco Evo XL for driver, older Sparco for passenger.
- Gauges/warning lights: tach, oil pressure, water temp, and oil temp (oil temp gauge not currently connected).
- Standard extinguisher
- Wink 4-panel mirror
- Sparco steering wheel with Longacre quick release hub
- Momo carbon fiber shift ****
- Tilton adjustable brake bias valve (perfect position for making bias adjustments while on track)
Suspension/Brakes:
- Performance Friction front/rear pads with stock rotors (not much life left on fronts)
- Ducting and backing plates for front brake cooling
- 500/650 springs (different rates available in spares package)
- Shortened Koni external single-adjustable dampers from Ground Control.
- Ireleand Engineering 25mm/22mm sways (reinforced mount for rear)
- Urethane control arm and rear trailing arm bushings
- Solid/aluminum rear subframe bushings
- Tethers for rear shocks
- Upgraded shock mounts
- Ground Control camber/caster plates
- Sparco strut brace
- Ireland Engineering rear shock tower brace
- Ireland Engineering rear toe/camber kit
- Corner balanced in June 2009
- Rear calipers replaced in 2006, fronts replaced in 2008

Engine/Drivetrain:
- Rebuilt M20 – only 5 race weekends (no enduros) and 2 DE weekends on motor
o Professionally built by European Car Company with CP forged pistons (stock specs to be ITS legal), valve job, new rods/mains, new rocker arms, new cam, etc. ~$6500 invested (receipt provided for interested buyers) in this rebuild in March 2009.
- 4.27 limited-slip diff with 2 seasons
- Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- K&N intake
- Dinan chip (7k redline)
- Starter replaced in 2006
- New clutch, pilot, and throw out bearing in 2007
- New and balanced driveshaft from Portland Driveline Service in 2008
- Remote oil-filter (relocated to reduce heat sink from headers)
- Stahle headers – my engine builder noticed a minor leak in early 2009 and it was repaired/welded
- Setrab oil cooler
- Ishihira windage tray/baffle (eliminates oil starvation issues)
- New radiator in 2008
- New half shafts in 2008

Wheels:
- 15 X 7 Team Dynamics wheels (very light) with Kumho V710s (225/50-15)
Extensive spares package available:
- M20 (never raced) with 90k miles
- Spare transmission (unknown condition)
- 3 more sets of Team Dynamics wheels, one with 2 heat cycle Hoosier R6s, another with ~6 heat cycles Kumho V710s, and another with RA1s.
- New OE control arms
- Spare rear rotors, pads, and other misc pieces
- ~4 different Eibach spring rates/lengths

http://www.fototime.com/AC0FC3CD82693A7/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/6FE24F3E2C6D82F/standard.jpg

More pictures: http://www.fototime.com/inv/C324EF35D79F495

$8,500 firm for the car without spares
Spares package pricing dependent on number of items purchased.

Again, this is a turn-key, competitive, reliable, and safe car. Feel free to contact me with any questions, and please, no low-ball offers.

Ryan Staub
gottagofast13(at)yahoo(dot)com

Quick Reply: BMW E30 Racecar For Sale