Sponsored by:

What's going on at Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on at Fikse?

I have been a long time fan of Fikse wheels. I own multiple sets of 17's and 18's I have even posted that I have always been satisfied with there repair service. I have had two 18" wheels just fall off the map with them . I have spoken to every one in the company. They all say the same thing" I will call you right back" So far the they have failed to do so. They claim the wheel half's 8.5x 18 are in production. six weeks? I think that every cup car runs 8.5 inner wheel half's. I am starting to loose the faith. any one else having bad experiences with Fikse.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they are really swamped right now for some reason. Could be they had to cut back some on their staff because of the economy.

I ordered some wheels from them back in April that took almost 3 months to finish, but in the end it didn't really impact me because the car was down for engine issues during most of that time. I'm very pleased with the final product after I received them.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Not what I really wanted to hear, just sent them two of my wheels to replace the outers.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

I don't think they are swamped with orders. It takes @20 minutes to take a three pc wheel apart and clean the mating surface. It take @30 min to put it back together and a day for the goop to cure. so three months is like cutting the half's with a hammer and chisel. I have heard They have lost 3/4 of the grand am teams. Can any one substantiate that rumor? I suspect they lost the teams because they cant turn around the orders. In racing Three months is like 3 dog years. I hypothesize they may be having some $$ problems and perhaps they are COD on the parts they requisition. They charged me for the repair they day I gave them the green light. I questioned why I was charged for the parts when they did not have them to fill the order. I got a "I will call you right back". My bad vibe radar is off the charts when I speak to them.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tsheehan
In racing Three months is like 3 dog years.
+1 -- sometimes its really a bulk of a racing season.

I am overdue to call our rep at BBS, so I will tomorrow to get the scoop.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Sounds like a combo of all those things you describe. The economy has had an imploding effect on many businesses. They have to lay people off and work does back up. The few that remain get overloaded and burn out, loose concentration and the work suffers. Eventually people go look elsewhere. Shame.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 AM
tsheehan
Instructor

I am hoping they take a look at what's being bounced around out here and step up there game. It only takes a short period to flush a brand. There competitors must be licking there chops. I know I do not consider them the premier race wheel manufacture any longer. I have herd that BBS is a good company to deal with. I recently picked up a set of Yungblood wheels "I may have that butchered like a baby seal in greenland" The company seemed eager and customer orientated. does any one have any dealings they can share with me.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That is way too long!
How about going to an authorized Fikse dealer for repairs in lieu of the factory?
They have the ability to get halves and complete repairs, at least in my experience, quite quickly.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

This has nothing to do with the economy or the racing season. Their customer service has been simply atrocious for years.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
por29
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default FIKSE

sms...nice avatar..
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I highly recommend Jongbloed wheels. I have had 3 sets and they have been rebuilt several times as my car has changed. Ryan has been great to work with.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Fikse makes a great wheel but if it's service you want it's CCW. Sent them a bent wheel and had it back 10 days later with a new center. That's the kind of service I want during race season...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I have had my Fikses for five years now and, in general, have experienced really good customer service from the company. They have taken care of me even though I mostly use the car on the track. I did recently send a wheel out to Fikse to have it repaired, it did take far longer than I anticipated to get it back and, yes, it did take some persistence on my part to be a "squeaky wheel". To be fair, though, Fikse took care of a problem for me and did send out a loaner wheel center to me (built up the wheel halves and shipped it out gratis) since I wasn't going to be able to get my wheel in time for the Watkins Glen race. I tried to look at everything as a whole.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 07-22-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Fikse makes a great wheel but if it's service you want it's CCW. Sent them a bent wheel and had it back 10 days later with a new center. That's the kind of service I want during race season...
+1

I've ordered two sets of custom wheels from CCW and both times they were on my doorstep within one week.

However, they don't hold air worth a sh*t.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
+1

I've ordered two sets of custom wheels from CCW and both times they were on my doorstep within one week.

However, they don't hold air worth a sh*t.
Odd, I have two sets and have never had an issue. It has to be the silicone between the halves or the valve stem, have you called John?

Quick Reply: What's going on at Fikse?