Sponsored by:

944S2 set-up help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:35 PM
bxfe
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 944S2 set-up help please

I'm thinking about converting my 89 944S2 into a DE/school car w/eventual prep for F Stock PCA. Any suggestions for suspension set-up for the DE/school phase, specifically what shocks/springs/swaybars/control arms would anyone suggest.
At Daytona today, I saw F cars w/Leda's and Konis. Would Konis put me at a competitive disadvantage once the driver gets somewhat trained?
Which retailers would you guys recommend?
Gary M.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:21 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

The only thing that is a disctinct advantage is driver skill. A very skilled driver with Koni Sports can beat a skilled driver with Ohlins triples. You can drive the Konis to a very high level, and beyond if you're good enough.

Having said that, more adjustability can be an advantage when you are faced with a condition that you cannot easily drive around. Having adjustability can give you an advantage over others of your skill level, or when things stray well outside the norm. It can also simplify and reduce the amount of work you have to do when adjusting for adverse conditions.

For example, if it is just a soggy rainy race event. The Koni guy is under his car disconnecting his sways, pulling off his rear Sports and fighting with compressing the shock to dial back the rebound. The guy with Ledas (me) is simply reaching under and dialing back the damping to minimum and achieving the same grand change in handling in seconds without breaking a sweat or soiling his suit.

I can say that I have had 100% customer satisfaction with the Leda systems I use, and have sold. They just work very well. You can get fancier, and arguably better, maybe... but for the price, you can't beat'em.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Robert W. Bausum Jr.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bxfe
I'm thinking about converting my 89 944S2 into a DE/school car w/eventual prep for F Stock PCA. Any suggestions for suspension set-up for the DE/school phase, specifically what shocks/springs/swaybars/control arms would anyone suggest.
At Daytona today, I saw F cars w/Leda's and Konis. Would Konis put me at a competitive disadvantage once the driver gets somewhat trained?
Which retailers would you guys recommend?
Gary M.
http://www.racersedge-inc.com/

Quick Reply: 944S2 set-up help please