Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

in honor of today' CGT crash (RIP)

Old 04-07-2020, 04:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default in honor of today' CGT crash (RIP)

In honor of today's cgt crash.. i was Playing around with imovie.. uploading some older very chill lap footage from Hypercar Invitational 1. I was driving Merit Partner's gorgeous black CGT around Road Atlanta, treating it with kid gloves, 6/10ths... had trouble with finding second gear sometimes so kept higher gears. best car in case of apocalypse.. best car always. if you can only have one....
The following users liked this post:
17bhub (04-10-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 05:10 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

Not gonna lie, was hoping to see some more of your interaction with this car. Your review is a big reason why I took a leap of faith and bought mine. Great stuff!

Did the Merit car have the stock exhaust? Mine has a GMG which I love but can’t help but wonder what I’m missing by going back to stock. I have the stock exhaust, just not in a rush to change anything just yet.
17bhub (04-10-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 05:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by localmotion411
Not gonna lie, was hoping to see some more of your interaction with this car. Your review is a big reason why I took a leap of faith and bought mine. Great stuff!

Did the Merit car have the stock exhaust? Mine has a GMG which I love but can’t help but wonder what I’m missing by going back to stock. I have the stock exhaust, just not in a rush to change anything just yet.
we have other footage, but it's massive high res RED camera stuff.. i can't even process it on my macbook pro. we have a professional editing team who is working on the cuts and edits which we will post on the hypercar invitational youtube channel. the stuff i have on my computer is piddly stuff for my amateur youtube channel. the good stuff is coming soon. ;-D

17bhub (04-10-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Merit Partners
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by localmotion411

Yes, our car is stock, although I have an AWE I have been considering putting on. I just love the sound of the factory, there are varying perspectives here. Congrats on your acquisition! I am hoping to do some Instagram love videos soon to field questions around the CGT.

Merit Partners
info@meritpartners.com

Old 04-07-2020, 11:06 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Merit Partners
Yes, our car is stock, although I have an AWE I have been considering putting on. I just love the sound of the factory, there are varying perspectives here. Congrats on your acquisition! I am hoping to do some Instagram love videos soon to field questions around the CGT.
Regardless of exhaust, there are not many road cars produced that exist on this planet that are close to the CGT. I now have one and I have zero desire to buy any other cars.

This week.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:57 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
had trouble with finding second gear sometimes so kept higher gears.
Blip the throttle on downshifts.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by RennOracle
Blip the throttle on downshifts.
Considering the size and speed of road atlanta, and the relative delicacy of driving someone else's CGT, I was certainly under driving. However, Blipping the throttle on this car felt surprisingly easy with how fast it revved.. but there was something about where I was looking for second gear which caused me to put it off for some turns, I was probably pulling too hard towards me. Not an issue with the gearbox or the car which are almost perfection... it's the software in the brain which was to blame.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: in honor of today' CGT crash (RIP)