Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did the CGT owners get privileges like the 918 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
It's just the way the game is played. I really want a F12 TDF, but I can't justify paying 500K over sticker for one of those either. After buying cars from various manufacturers over the years, I learned my lesson that there are only 2 manufacturers that have consistently produced great cars: Ferrari and Porsche. I'm now working towards getting on their VIP list with Ferrari.
Agree and disagree...Ive had alot of p and f cars. And still have a 991TTS as my daily driver.

And they are both great brands...that said mac and lambo are putting out some great cars! So instead of having to beg for and r that I probably wouldnt have gotten I ordered a lambo.

Ferrari has always been a game...in 2008 I gave a local dealer 100k plus one of my ducatis for the first 430 scud.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:03 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
It's just the way the game is played. I really want a F12 TDF, but I can't justify paying 500K over sticker for one of those either. After buying cars from various manufacturers over the years, I learned my lesson that there are only 2 manufacturers that have consistently produced great cars: Ferrari and Porsche. I'm now working towards getting on their VIP list with Ferrari.
Now I get why Jay Leno is not a Ferrari fan. Seems like porsche is heading in same direction. Sad to see. Complete turn off for me, I won't play their games.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Agree and disagree...Ive had alot of p and f cars. And still have a 991TTS as my daily driver.

And they are both great brands...that said mac and lambo are putting out some great cars! So instead of having to beg for and r that I probably wouldnt have gotten I ordered a lambo.

Ferrari has always been a game...in 2008 I gave a local dealer 100k plus one of my ducatis for the first 430 scud.
A dealer called me and said I can spec a 458 Aperta - wanted something to match my 16M. His next words ... donate 100k to our race team. I paused and offered my extremely clean 360 Challenge Car at that time worth 100k. He responded 100k you have an hour if you don't call going to the next guy.

I am the local FCA President and it's been hard keeping members closest dealers 300 miles away. Ferrari is now taking more of an interest to see where their special cars are going so I give them credit - no offense but Porsche and their 918 (flipper) program is the worst in the industry dealers are taking brand new models and adding ridiculous dollars.

Lamborghini and others is an excellent way to go!

Quick Reply: Did the CGT owners get privileges like the 918 owners?