Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Driving Club/ R driving club idea

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 02:26 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

I applaud every one of you "supercar" owners that uses your cars in a "super" way. Great idea and if I am on the road ANYWHERE and see a row of 918s, CGT, 960s; I will turn around to follow and photograph. Oh wait, I won't be able to catch up :-)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:35 PM
brixtonforged
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Guys I am very excited to have finally taken delivery of my 911R. It was a bit of a fiasco with delay etc but somehow was able to get it air-freighted and delivered locally here by Circle Porsche despite buying it through Park Place in Dallas.

Porsche initially offered to have Newport do it, I refused them because, well, long story.

Anyway, I promptly drove it around, went home, parked it outside (this is actually good for the engine) and then drove it in the rain the next day for about 250 miles up north to another store that, well nothing official yet, but that's another story.

I love the driving experience, I think the stick shift really is fantastic- it's VERY different from the old GT3RS manual in the 997- but I love it. The rear steering really, to me, has finally made it's mark and the car goes around corners incredibly well with that "old school porsche" sensation. I am finally a believer of this technology after spending a few days racing the new Panamera Turbo and Panamera 4S around the track in LA...another story...

I will eventually write a more in depth review of it, with pics etc. but the reason why I'm writing this:

The McLaren F1 Owners Club inspired me to reach out with a few other guys to form "R club" for 911R guys that want to go on epic drives together. I figure, 3-5 days through areas like the eastern sierras, the rocky mountains, canadian rockies, etc. 20-30 people, hire a few photographers, we each get a hard bound book...the one we did in Yellowstone with the P1's was incredible.

Anyone into that idea? I'd love to do one for CGT drivers as well. We would have to pay (don't be a cheapskate, ok?) so we could hire some mechanics and a chase vehicle or two to go from hotel to hotel (this is not gumball!!) to keep it somewhere between "enthusiast level" and "quite posh" depending on the event.

I'd imagine there are some guys that would want to do this with GT3RS cars, we can talk about that separately but this is specifically for the guys with Carrera GT's and 911Rs.

Hit me up.

just like this but with 911R!! and CGT. separate trips.

purple+ rain

Congrats on the 911R, it looks amazing!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Desert turbo
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CJ, I can help setup a local 911r drive, should be able to get 6 or 7 to meet up Saturday am at CC and the go for canyon drive, same with CGT. We did a CGT run a couple years back with about 15 cars.

Quick Reply: CGT Driving Club/ R driving club idea