Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport vs Pilot Sport PS2 on CGT

Old 01-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Axis007
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Super Sport vs Pilot Sport PS2 on CGT

I just installed a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport to replace my aging Pilot Sport PS2. My aged tires were made in 2009 and 2011 respectively, I heard good things about the SS and decide it was time, even thought there is plenty of tread left 5/32. What is your feedback on the new tire versus the old tires ? I am just curious?

I feel the steering is little more "numb" ? less precise? I have not push the car yet, I have tracked my car twice at Fontana, when the rear end step out, it came out VERY QUICKY with the old tires, compare to my modern Mid engine Ferraris, and the car was "squirmy" or "nervous" at high lateral turns.

I like to learn the feedback of owners that had seat time in the PS2 and now the SS to see what they feel the difference is ?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

MPSS are much more forgiving on the slip-angle vs side-force curve than the OEM MPS2 tires. The "numb" on-center feel might be down to alignment or it might be that the incipient over-steer of the MPS2 tires is missing, making it seem less "twitchy" in steering. That would be OK with me if it was less "twitchy".

I actually used 345 section rear MPSS over the stock 335 because I was looking for more rear-end bite than that to which I had become accustomed. I also moved the rear anti-roll bar connections to the softest of the 3 available settings (stock = middle) to give less over-steer.

YMMV
Old 01-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

If your PS2s were N rated and the MPSS's are not, that may be the issue.

Here's a recent thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-break-in.html
Old 01-18-2017, 12:23 AM
Axis007
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS2 were N2 the SS is N0,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Super Sport vs Pilot Sport PS2 on CGT