Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB my first Carrera GT! Let me know what youve got!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 07:34 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to step up to the big boys. I'm looking to buy a Carrera GT with less than 7k miles. Major service performed and no clutch issues. Budget is 575-625k depending on the car. If you have any leads please Pm me. Thanks!

Last edited by SinVodka; 09-15-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:49 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just got one today. its not as easy to find a nice one as it seems ...
Old 09-17-2016, 06:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

What are the main hidden aspects you guys are looking for choosing one? is it mainly this used clutch issue or?....
Old 09-17-2016, 07:17 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 991gtR
just got one today. its not as easy to find a nice one as it seems ...
Congrats brother! I hope to find one as well soon. I'm seeing three on Tuesday. I'm a picky buyer.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAlexio
What are the main hidden aspects you guys are looking for choosing one? is it mainly this used clutch issue or?....
Clutch need to have some life left as a replacement is $22k. 31mm is new, replacement is 28mm.

There are some major services which should be done as well depending on the mileage. The date code on the tires is important, The old tires are dangerous.

Lastly I look for any of the normal items. Paint work, damage, any type of corrosion on the metal bits or any pitting. It seems like it's pretty easy to tell if the car has been taken care of or not. I have seen some bad ones and they are easy to spot.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:39 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Originally Posted by SinVodka
Congrats brother! I hope to find one as well soon. I'm seeing three on Tuesday. I'm a picky buyer.
thanks man . it should be here in 30 min.... im going nuts ...

i think its time to buy one or get off . wonder how many issue cars will be for sale and at high prices in the coming years... they aren't making any more ya know.

hope ya find one that fits the bill. keep us informed

ps : i worked out a new clutch and nw tires in the deal mine ahd 29.3mm at inspection yesturday. a lil piece of mind that i have a new clutch sitting and paid for ready to go in for free..
Old 09-18-2016, 12:31 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 991gtR
thanks man . it should be here in 30 min.... im going nuts ... i think its time to buy one or get off . wonder how many issue cars will be for sale and at high prices in the coming years... they aren't making any more ya know. hope ya find one that fits the bill. keep us informed ps : i worked out a new clutch and nw tires in the deal mine ahd 29.3mm at inspection yesturday. a lil piece of mind that i have a new clutch sitting and paid for ready to go in for free..
How is the car in person brother?
I would love to hear your first impressions! Does she have an aftermarket exhaust or original. Are you planning on going straight pipes like a lot of these guys?
Old 09-18-2016, 04:33 AM
991gtR
Instructor

It's amazing. first gear from a stand isn't the funnest but its such a pleasure to drive afterwards. It wants to be driven hard . the note it makes in the 5-8 k range is amazing. It's pretty easy to drive once you get moving . there a vid in this section that nails it. I think it will be fun to drive on the track a little as well. alot of torque down low
I just picked up a lambo aventador sv this week to. and its totally different beast. i'll be dreaming of it i hope...
Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Big congrats...lets see your new beast. Also be careful on 1-2 shift when the car is cold.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:31 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by richk
Big congrats...lets see your new beast. Also be careful on 1-2 shift when the car is cold.
What do you have to be careful with. Does the car typically break loose 1-2?
Old 09-18-2016, 09:54 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

When the cars is cold the shift from 1-2 can be a little tricky. When I had my CGT I would shift 1-3 when the car was cold.

As far as breaking loose...I would just suggest warming up the tires and really getting to know the car.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Default Found her!

So after traveling from California coast to Dallas to Florida to New York I finally found my ride. Saw more Carrera Gts on the market this week than I will probably ever see again in my life.

The winner was a Beautiful Silver with Ascot interior. Flawless car, bought it with the Major service and Campaign to be completed by the Porsche Dealership. Good history on the car and low 4K Mileage.

Im a happy man if not a little bit tired from a week of flying.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:19 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

^ Congrats. Can't wait to see the pics...T
Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by SinVodka
So after traveling from California coast to Dallas to Florida to New York I finally found my ride. Saw more Carrera Gts on the market this week than I will probably ever see again in my life. The winner was a Beautiful Silver with Ascot interior. Flawless car, bought it with the Major service and Campaign to be completed by the Porsche Dealership. Good history on the car and low 4K Mileage. Im a happy man if not a little bit tired from a week of flying.
I have a feeling you went over the budget from what you're describing. Lol!
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 09-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Jack-Porsche
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Look forward to pictures! Well done...I've never purchased a car anywhere near that price range, and it takes me a loooong time to make a decision! I looked at Cayman's for a long time, I couldn't imagine how long it would take for me to decide on a CGT.
I better start looking now!! Lol

Quick Reply: WTB my first Carrera GT! Let me know what youve got!