Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously considering a Singer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I have owned a 911 from every era and currently have RS's on 964, 997 and 991 platforms. I don't have 73/74rs, but I have 69e to check the LH box. I don't really desire to keep anything from the G series or 996. And 964rs checks box for 964/993 era imo (I'm not a turbo guy). I have these different platforms, not to collect or stare at; I have them because of the different driving experience each exhibits. But, the hassle, storage, maintenance, capital and insurance tied up in the collection makes me scratch my head sometimes. I think the most explosive appreciation of these animals is behind us. There definitely are days I consider selling the entire lot, ordering a singer, keeping a lower-cost gt4-like new car for track and calling it a day. It would vastly simplify my hobby and MAYBE, just maybe 1 new-modern pcar + 1 singer would be all I could ever need???

I live in NYC now. So, the hassle tax on holding a collection is increasing. I'm guessing I don't make the switch but the draw of simplification gets stronger and singer would be my answer.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

How do you buy a Singer? I've emailed twice via the website about visiting and had no reply other than an autoresponse . How is the service generally?
Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 AM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also had a ton of trouble contacting them. Never returned my inbound emails or voicemails. Finally got thru after a member here with a singer put me in touch with rob directly. Was a little fruatrating, but once i got theru everything was great, they were very helpful / responsive, etc. I can imagine they are bombarded by calls from tire kickers.

Originally Posted by mhh
How do you buy a Singer? I've emailed twice via the website about visiting and had no reply other than an autoresponse . How is the service generally?

Last edited by autobahnA8; 01-07-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Seriously considering a Singer?