Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra / coating

Old 04-05-2016, 07:22 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by racingfan
I also used Suntek when I had the entire car clear filmed. I evaluated 7 different samples from different manufacturers against my gloss black paint, and Suntek was the best mix of clarity and strength. Strong, but clear enough to still easily see the carbon fibre weave beneath the paint. Key is who does the installation -- do whatever is necessary to have the most experienced installer work on it. Ideally someone who has done multiple CGTs before, as the car has unique curves and installation challenges.

After the install:

Attachment 1037957
Agree but add the ceramic.

The ceramic coating is 7-800.00 add the wheels and calipers another 3-400.00

Once a year freshen for 2-300.00 is the way to go.

On the CGT - going to wait until it's in for a full clutch engine out and have the panels fully wrapped.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Xpel and CQUARTZ Finest is a fantastic combination and the quality of the product is strongly reflective on the installer.

Any of the current clear films are porous products, so applying a ceramic nano coating on top give you the hydrophobic properties the film can't provide and makes it significantly easier to maintain.

Custom jobs are recommended for the best coverage, but again, a very involved and skilled process. No one wants to be a guinea pig for that.

If you don't mind me asking OP, where are you located? Would love to extend my services or at least offer recommendations if I can.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Saint Louis. My issue with the Xpel is the orange peel or whatever it is that does not let the paint shine thru. Listing the cars and the paints to help understand "why" the process all will get a new clear bra ceramic etc.

Ferrari FF - Rosso Fuoco triple layer paint will add a picture showing one side of correction.
Aventador SV Roadster - Blue Sideris triple layer
Carrera GT - Silver but want to see the cf weave in the paint as another member mentioned.
16M - Grigio Ferro
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

The texture is a valid concern, and is more apparent when the vehicle is in garage lighting conditions rather than natural light. This applies to any of the available films, however suntek has the best appearance and his minimal effect on the paint texture. This also comes down to the installer. I've have several clients who shared your concern, except for the Carbon weave effect that I completely understand. They have been satisfied by the installs and their concerns were not found. The obvious limitations will be body panel corners, as they will be the only areas with exposed edges but can be minimized if done custom.

For tricolor paints like your vehicles, in natural light you wont lose that effect. Even in garage lighting, you won't lose or gain any of that effect with or without film. That is unless you have studio style lighting.

Another point here is the extent of coverage you are looking for as well. I am going to assume full vehicle? Film textures can be exaggerated when you have portions of the car covered against non wrapped panels.

When film is coated with a quality nano coating, you regain that glossy finish that it tends to take away. It is something to be appreciated in person and in photos against a wrapped vehicle without film.

I will post a photo of a Panther black metallic Audi R8 and a new C7 Z06 that were both completely wrapped by me in Xpel Ultimate front to rear and coated with Cquartz Finest. This photo shows the possible depth and vibrance of a multi stage metallic with film in sunlight. I have hundreds more examples and close up photos for more reassurance. If you want to speak, would be happy to speak in private messages or email!

Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

You do great work and know exactly the issues which is unusual.

Full coverage on cars that may go to the track others from the doors forward rear quarter etc. Even on drives with the club or friends things happen so it's nice to know it's good to go.

Your customers are lucky - even the better shops miss the details which you covered. Saw a Speciale with the exact curve your talking about that there was no way to cover and that's when I noticed the XPEL vs paint difference but it was done at a shop that is what it is.

Problem is people always ask price first which puts the excellent installers in a bad position. Appreciate the offer may take you up on it!

My garage does have studio LED lighting.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

We are enthusiasts too, and I always aim to have any film install look as close to perfectly corrected paint as physically possible. I appreciate the kind words!

Unfortunately too many times it is seen as "it is what it is" or that the film "restricts" you from achieving the appearance of unwrapped paint with the protection of wrapped paint. With the right install, it can be done. Confident we could achieve this for you if you wanted us to, we are capable of traveling to if the facilities are adequate or transporting with our own enclosed custom trailers. Traveling this month to perform this service on a Mansory Bugatti Veyron for an equally discerning client.

In any case, happy to help anyway I can both to you or anyone else that has any questions in regards to both clear film and ceramic coatings. Have been installing both for over 8 plus years!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:44 PM
rickyn f355
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

just did expel on mine,
Old 04-28-2016, 11:37 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Took the CGT in for a full paint correction clear bra ceramic coating will post pictures when it's complete.

Removed front fenders mirrors if anyone has any install suggestions please share.

Few weeks ago put temp expel on the FF and will remove the expel for Suntek debating to remove expel and install Suntek on the 16M.

Ricky post pics!

Huracan they just finished.
Attached Images   

Last edited by nuvolari612; 04-29-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

It's like having a brand new car.

All the CF lenses interior polished coated and gorgeous.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2016, 12:12 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great. Glad to hear you removed the mirrors...that's the way to do it so you don't have seams. Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2016, 10:21 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by racingfan
Looks great. Glad to hear you removed the mirrors...that's the way to do it so you don't have seams. Enjoy!
Thanks!

One more with History - the photographer showed up without me knowing more dramatic shots to come.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2016, 11:04 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks amazing! Enjoy.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful.

I chose Suntek and C-Quartz Finest and couldn't be happier. As others have said, the product is important but the installer is just as, if not more important.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear Bra / coating