Car "slots"

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 AM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car "slots"

Hi all,
I was reading another thread and thought this might be an interesting topic. We often talk about cars fulfilling different purposes so what are all the possible slots? Obviously this is all in good fun as I don't think there are any concrete answers here. Also I preface this with being a driver so if I am not able to drive a car at least a few times a month then it's not worth it to me.

For example, at one time I had a 07RS, a Ferrari CS and 05 Ferrari Superamerica and I thought I had a cool group of rear, mid and front engined cars that were attainable to me. Now I have an LFA and CGT and thinking about other possible 10cyl cars I could add that would make it a cool mini collection. Given that we all have at some level, limits on space and money and time to drive, I'm curious how others look at the fun problem.

Track -fast
Track -technical
DD - AWD and possible passengers
DD - sporty
DD - convertible
Sports car -front engine
Sports car -mid engine
Sports car rear engine
Old 03-26-2016, 05:03 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tmario
Hi all,
I was reading another thread and thought this might be an interesting topic. We often talk about cars fulfilling different purposes so what are all the possible slots? Obviously this is all in good fun as I don't think there are any concrete answers here. Also I preface this with being a driver so if I am not able to drive a car at least a few times a month then it's not worth it to me.

For example, at one time I had a 07RS, a Ferrari CS and 05 Ferrari Superamerica and I thought I had a cool group of rear, mid and front engined cars that were attainable to me. Now I have an LFA and CGT and thinking about other possible 10cyl cars I could add that would make it a cool mini collection. Given that we all have at some level, limits on space and money and time to drive, I'm curious how others look at the fun problem.
I don't like selling exotics and would take each one ever sold back in a heartbeat.

It's too brain damage to find the right vehicle - the idea of tossing all that time down the drain let alone selling takes the fun right out of it.

The more track focused limited production the better. Hoping the F12tdf isn't the final version and an M appears grabbing the last of the NA 8's and 12's would be ideal.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:33 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha. I agree. I rue having sold many of my cars, but ultimately the $/S/T limits kick in.

I also hate them just sitting there and me never driving them! So it's a balance I guess.

A collection with the last NA's would be very cool! I'm digging the Tdf but no way I got on that list. Will have to buy after like my GTO. Hoping some of the "latest and greatest" guys will pitch them out at some point

I was thinking of the Viper as an addon to my v10's
Old 03-27-2016, 01:45 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tmario
haha. I agree. I rue having sold many of my cars, but ultimately the $/S/T limits kick in.

I also hate them just sitting there and me never driving them! So it's a balance I guess.

A collection with the last NA's would be very cool! I'm digging the Tdf but no way I got on that list. Will have to buy after like my GTO. Hoping some of the "latest and greatest" guys will pitch them out at some point

I was thinking of the Viper as an addon to my v10's
Love the Viper especially the current spec program 140 - 175k. Keep thinking they will improve it one last time believe they are going out of production mid to late 2017 as will every other large NA engine the 2018 limit is going to end the large NA engines from everyone.

Quick Reply: Car "slots"