Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walker's daughter suing Porsche.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:47 PM
tomatecno
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeeez... i was thinking of doing the same, I busted my head and broke an arm running on the side of the pool some months ago, I was under the impression that my NIKE Tennis shoes failed to clearly inform me as a purchaser of the risks involved with running and exceeding my running capabilities while on wet surfaces!!!! also I did not see that there were several "NO RUNNING" signs... but thats another law suit... I blame the Maui Jims for that!!!!

now.. not joking... its a shame when anybody looses his life in any way... they lost everything they had, everything they were, but most importantly everything they could have continue being !!! my prayers to their families because no amount of money or whomever they decide to blame the accident ultimately will bring them back.... clearly their judgment is clouded because of their sadness...
Old 01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Strategy:

I think Paul's daughter must be an overprivledged prom queen who still believes in Santa and hasn't accepted that her husband and friends were driving like tools in a modified very fast car where they shouldn't have been.

Regardless of her statement, I think the lawyers are going after Porsche knowing full well they will loose. They will loose because Porsche will have a team of engineers and investigators on this. The car was modded. Safety items were removed. The guy was doing triple the speed limit, etc etc.

The cool thing about going through this exercise is that Porsche will spend big bucks to point out the obvious, that it wasn't the car's fault and it was the fault of the driver. The driver is also responsible for the mods on the car and the old tires that were on the car.

So, after this fight has been lost, it should be easy to sue Rojas and win. All that info and testimony will be public record. This will save them millions in legal costs...Porsche will have paid for it all for their own defense.

If that's not the strategy then this women is simply another waste of space who doesn't get it.

I sincerely hope Porsche doesn't get killed again in another stupid product liability suit. They've had more than their share.

Example: In the 80s, a woman in CA had a fight with her rich husband, took HIS car, A Porsche Turbo, out of the garage and went to a bar on Sunset, picked up some guy after hours of hard drinking, got in the car and peeled out of the space, lost control, went into the oncoming lane and crashed it. The new boyfriend was hurt or killed. She survived and sued Porsche because she didn't know how to drive the car under at 2+ times the legal alcohol limit.

Porsche PAID! Yikes! What kind of world is this anyway?
Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...sYp?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 04-05-2016, 06:29 PM
911pcars
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sixisenuff
I think Paul's daughter must be an overprivledged prom queen who still believes in Santa and hasn't accepted that her husband and friends were driving like tools in a modified very fast car where they shouldn't have been.

Porsche PAID! Yikes! What kind of world is this anyway?
Sixisenuff
You must know of Walker's daughter personally for offering your flippant remarks, as well as having a financial interest in Porsche stock.

AFAIK, Walker's daughter, father and Roda's wife, all filed lawsuits against Porsche who may or may not have been liable. The last post by JonA85 provided a link to the dismissal of the suit brought by Roda's wife. The others have yet to be settled.

Yeah, after the VW's diesel emission debacle, they probably don't need another hit to their bottom line.

Everyone has an opinion. However, facts are probably more important.

Sherwood
Old 04-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911pcars
Sixisenuff
You must know of Walker's daughter personally for offering your flippant remarks, as well as having a financial interest in Porsche stock.

AFAIK, Walker's daughter, father and Roda's wife, all filed lawsuits against Porsche who may or may not have been liable. The last post by JonA85 provided a link to the dismissal of the suit brought by Roda's wife. The others have yet to be settled.

Yeah, after the VW's diesel emission debacle, they probably don't need another hit to their bottom line.

Everyone has an opinion. However, facts are probably more important.

Sherwood
Sherwood:

The facts are in the police accident report. I'm simply stating the obvious (to me). You must be one of the plaintiff's attorneys.

I'm sick of this sort of suit being brought against deep pocket parties just because they have deep pockets. Makes me embarrassed for our legal system.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:55 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

She reached a settlement with Roger Rodas' estate, but will continue her wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...nl&date=040916

Meadow Walker, the 17-year-old daughter of actor Paul Walker, has been awarded $10.1 million in a settlement with the estate of Roger Rodas.
Both Rodas and Walker died when the Porsche Carrera GT Rodas was driving crashed and exploded on November, 20, 2013.

"The amount paid by the estate of Roger Rodas into a trust for Meadow Walker only covers a fraction of what her father would have earned as an international movie star had his life not tragically been cut short," Meadow's lawyer Jeff Milam said in a statement to People on Thursday. "Through his estate, Mr. Rodas, the driver of the car, took partial responsibility for the crash. Meadow's lawsuit against Porsche AG – a $13 billion corporation–intends to hold the company responsibly for producing a vehicle that was defective and caused Paul Walker's death."

On Monday, a judge ruled that there was not enough evidence to prove that Porsche was responsible for the crash in the lawsuit brought by the Rodas estate. However, Meadow's lawyer says that ruling has no impact on his client's case against the car company.

"The issues in the cases are very different," Milam said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The federal case was filed on behalf of Roger Rodas, who was the driver of the Porsche Carrera GT and was killed instantly upon impact. Meadow's father, Paul Walker, was a passenger in the car. He survived the crash but was trapped and burned to death because of the vehicle's defects. A significant portion of the judge's decision was based on his rejection of evidence because of missed deadlines and also a failure to sue Porsche AG, the manufacturer. Meadow will continue the fight to hold Porsche accountable for selling a defective product that kills."
Old 04-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
She reached a settlement with Roger Rodas' estate, but will continue her wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche.
Flat-6:

Thanks for that. I'm cool with Rodas paying something. His negligence...NOT Porsche's.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:30 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wasn't aware paul was not killed on impact, that is tough if correct.

Quick Reply: Walker's daughter suing Porsche.