Sponsored by:

Fresh off the Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:15 PM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fresh off the Truck

Here are some less than perfect cell-phone pictures of my 918, fresh off the truck. Probably one of the last ones delivered in the US.

I'll pick it up in a day or so since there is an eight hour (!) inspection the car has to go trough to make sure all is well. Jaded from my years, it has been quite awhile since I was as excited as I am right now about this car.
Attached Images   
Old 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Onibas
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!!

Exactly color???
Old 07-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Milanno
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats mate! On first photo it seems there is small shade of dark green (maybe its because of cellphone) which looks very nice!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:26 AM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Originally Posted by Onibas
Congrats!!!

Exactly color???
I went with Agate Gray on an all black interior. I choose to eliminate all the acid green accents. The calipers are silver. I went for what I consider to be a more classic look.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:50 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Fantastic machine FastCarNut! How are you liking the wheels design? I see more people choosing the other option which makes yours stand out more.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations! Awesome! What's under the cover in the background? Yours too?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:55 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 465 Likes on 313 Posts

Congrats !
Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
FastCarNut
Advanced

For some reason I was under the impression that the factory recommended break-in procedure was to keep the rpms under 4000 for the first 2500 miles (it actually is just the first 2000 miles). German engineers usually do stuff for a reason and so I decided to follow this recommendation to the letter (or so I thought; I ended up following said recommendation for 500 miles longer but that's beside the point). With great restraint I dutifully kept the engine load to a minimum but this weekend I finally reached 2500 miles and then, this weekend, on a long and straight and deserted on-ramp to some interstate, I finally floored it.

I am not going to try to write some full-size driving impression piece as I am sure that everyone reading this post has read at least a dozen or more of those already. I just want to say that nothing could have prepared me for the sheer shock and awe of what it is like to take a 918 to its redline. It is an assault on all the senses; blistering acceleration turns anything in the peripheral vision into an instant blur and it is difficult to understand how the Spector worthy Wall-of-Sound is even legal. Words fail me but I know it is good.

I am posting a picture of my odometer reaching the what-I-thought-to-be-magical 2500 miles (I wish I wouldn't have to recognize any speed limits anymore but I have a feeling I am misinterpreting what the car is trying to tell me) and a picture of my 918 after the sponge bath she got after all the excitement was over.
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2015, 10:54 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FastCarNut
after all the excitement was over.
Sounds like the excitement is just beginning!!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:18 AM
boyko23
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

I am not going to try to write some full-size driving impression piece as I am sure that everyone reading this post has read at least a dozen or more of those already.
Congrats mate and don't bother to write you in-depth impressions, because we'll never become tired of them...
Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

The calipers are silver. I went for what I consider to be a more classic look.
I thought I read in an early post that Porsche was wouldn't allow a change in the green color of the calipers? Regardless, your car looks great and enjoy in good health
Old 11-12-2015, 05:05 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

gorgeous!....enjoy !!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Scuderia980
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason I was under the impression that the factory recommended break-in procedure was to keep the rpms under 4000 for the first 2500 miles (it actually is just the first 2000 miles). German engineers usually do stuff for a reason and so I decided to follow this recommendation to the letter (or so I thought; I ended up following said recommendation for 500 miles longer but that's beside the point). With great restraint I dutifully kept the engine load to a minimum but this weekend I finally reached 2500 miles and then, this weekend, on a long and straight and deserted on-ramp to some interstate, I finally floored it.

I am not going to try to write some full-size driving impression piece as I am sure that everyone reading this post has read at least a dozen or more of those already. I just want to say that nothing could have prepared me for the sheer shock and awe of what it is like to take a 918 to its redline. It is an assault on all the senses; blistering acceleration turns anything in the peripheral vision into an instant blur and it is difficult to understand how the Spector worthy Wall-of-Sound is even legal. Words fail me but I know it is good.

I am posting a picture of my odometer reaching the what-I-thought-to-be-magical 2500 miles (I wish I wouldn't have to recognize any speed limits anymore but I have a feeling I am misinterpreting what the car is trying to tell me) and a picture of my 918 after the sponge bath she got after all the excitement was over.
congrats! absolutely stunning. it looks so 'clean' in this spec. I can only imagine what it felt like to floor it for the first time...nice description. The fastest/most powerful car I've ever driven was a buddy's 800whp GTR. The stock GTR is fun, but man, this was something else. 918 has instant torque and a much different power band so I can only imagine that sensation...
Old 11-16-2015, 04:55 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
I thought I read in an early post that Porsche was wouldn't allow a change in the green color of the calipers? Regardless, your car looks great and enjoy in good health
Nope - for a fee the color can be changed. Roger Penske changed his from green to silver.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:15 PM
TopspeedPT
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Congrats!

Quick Reply: Fresh off the Truck