Sponsored by:

Looking to buy cgt

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:58 AM
psorensen
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to buy cgt

Would you all please let me know of any private party cgt's that may be avail for sale.

Pls email paul at synetra dot com
Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 471 Likes on 317 Posts

No criteria?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:58 PM
psorensen
Track Day

Would prefer a black one.

However, I am fairly open on the color, just need a no story, up to date maintenance and clean carfax.

Please let me know of any cars,
Old 01-27-2015, 01:38 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 471 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by psorensen
Would prefer a black one.

However, I am fairly open on the color, just need a no story, up to date maintenance and clean carfax.

Please let me know of any cars,
Call Marshall Goldman, they seem to very active lately.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:04 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Would you all please let me know of any private party cgt's that may be avail for sale.

Pls email paul at synetra dot com
Does mileage matter to you?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:35 PM
psorensen
Track Day

looking for less than 8k miles -
and needs to have the engine out service performed.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:58 PM
rickyn f355
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

fwiw the major service is consider a gimmick by a lot of knowledgeable peeps in the industry - and wholesalers/brokers care very little about it. clutch measurement on the other hand....is very important....fwiw
Old 01-29-2015, 11:57 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

looking for less than 8k miles -
and needs to have the engine out service performed.
Acidshort may be selling his - send him a pm.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyn f355
fwiw the major service is consider a gimmick by a lot of knowledgeable peeps in the industry - and wholesalers/brokers care very little about it. clutch measurement on the other hand....is very important....fwiw
??????????? Having dug deep into this myth your logic makes zero sense. Yeah brokers and wholesalers couldn't/wouldn't care less about a major. They wont end up owning it for extended time and want to use it. Clutch is good and people are like ok great I dont have to worry about it and the cars perfect. THATS THE MYTH!!!!!!!!

The things you will uncover during a major is no joke........ There is ALOT hiding under the carbon tray panels that you cannot see unless it is broken down. My suggestion would be buy a car that had a recent major and check the paperwork to see whats been done while it was out. And make sure you know WHERE it was done.

If the battery dies on you in this car its thousands to tow the car to a dealership and have it replaced. I think its prudent to go into a CGT knowing the service it is given will reflect on the enjoyment the car brings you. Do race teams let legit racecars sit for 10 years thinking nothing bad has happened and its ready to go 200mph??? Well apply that thinking to this car. Its a precision tool.

A slave cylinder leaking only a very small amount of fluid on the clutch will ruin the cars experience. Yeah clutch measures just fine, but give it the beans and its slipping to redline. Well there is NO WAY TO TELL if it is bad without seeing a major done. And I doubt on a short test drive you would be able to get that action to play out. Not to mention when it DOES fail from the leak you need to again tow the car and have the engine out anyway. Clutch no longer engages. I heard a story about a guy who had a major done and saw his slave cylinder leaking only a small amount and DIDNT change it. Well car went back together, went home and within a few miles bam it failed completely. Needless to say car went back and had to pull the engine and change it.

Its a $4500 dollar piece no labor included. This is just one scenario. Coils crack and cause misfires, rough startups and bad timing eating performance. Cant get to em without having the engine out. Cracked fluid tanks?? Well you cant tell its leaking unless the panels come off the bottom.

This is no normal machine and its intimidating to work on. A good tech goes a long way. In my mind, unless someone has done many of them I wouldn't want my car to be his ginnie pig. Be educated going in, and know there could be some work if it has not had a major at this point. FWIW......
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cgt04115
??????????? Having dug deep into this myth your logic makes zero sense. Yeah brokers and wholesalers couldn't/wouldn't care less about a major. They wont end up owning it for extended time and want to use it. Clutch is good and people are like ok great I dont have to worry about it and the cars perfect. THATS THE MYTH!!!!!!!!

The things you will uncover during a major is no joke........ There is ALOT hiding under the carbon tray panels that you cannot see unless it is broken down. My suggestion would be buy a car that had a recent major and check the paperwork to see whats been done while it was out. And make sure you know WHERE it was done.

If the battery dies on you in this car its thousands to tow the car to a dealership and have it replaced. I think its prudent to go into a CGT knowing the service it is given will reflect on the enjoyment the car brings you. Do race teams let legit racecars sit for 10 years thinking nothing bad has happened and its ready to go 200mph??? Well apply that thinking to this car. Its a precision tool.

A slave cylinder leaking only a very small amount of fluid on the clutch will ruin the cars experience. Yeah clutch measures just fine, but give it the beans and its slipping to redline. Well there is NO WAY TO TELL if it is bad without seeing a major done. And I doubt on a short test drive you would be able to get that action to play out. Not to mention when it DOES fail from the leak you need to again tow the car and have the engine out anyway. Clutch no longer engages. I heard a story about a guy who had a major done and saw his slave cylinder leaking only a small amount and DIDNT change it. Well car went back together, went home and within a few miles bam it failed completely. Needless to say car went back and had to pull the engine and change it.

Its a $4500 dollar piece no labor included. This is just one scenario. Coils crack and cause misfires, rough startups and bad timing eating performance. Cant get to em without having the engine out. Cracked fluid tanks?? Well you cant tell its leaking unless the panels come off the bottom.

This is no normal machine and its intimidating to work on. A good tech goes a long way. In my mind, unless someone has done many of them I wouldn't want my car to be his ginnie pig. Be educated going in, and know there could be some work if it has not had a major at this point. FWIW......
It takes 30 - 60 minutes to peel off the Carbon Fiber and see what's going on 100%.

I think the major he was referencing is a myth - a few leaks are not that big of a deal and do not require a major.

Guys when changing the clutch get a view of all the components - many figure why not do a major since it's torn down and they enjoy spending money for the sake of spending money vs a few seals and gaskets.

Personally when mine gets torn down is when it will get a new clear bra - but doubt a major before 15 - 20k miles.

The CGT is bullet proof for daily and spirited driving - so many of these are feather dusted and that would be more of a concern than one exercised. Changing a battery isn't that big of a deal they sell the lifter kit maybe take 60 - 90 minutes.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nuvolari612 is correct... i may be selling mine. For the right price.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:12 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and it has not had major engine out performed. Nor am I going to do it. Silly to get knee surgery before your knees even start hurting.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by AciDShOrT
Oh, and it has not had major engine out performed. Nor am I going to do it. Silly to get knee surgery before your knees even start hurting.
+1

If you are in the market for an appreciating 550K and up car and you are worried about replacing batteries (uh they die after 10 years) or having to do routine service work then it's probably not the right car. Even guys with feather duster cars get them lightly serviced while they rack up zero miles because that's just the responsible thing to do.

On the other hand you don't tear the cams off the car for no reason.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy cgt