Sponsored by:

LaFerrari - Insane Clown Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Pitts
918man -- you do a little (or a lot) more than that. And, just fyi, when I get corrected for some pretty obvious "dumb" questions, I never get defensive (for example, nuvolari612 and many others have very kindly helped explain some pretty obvious things to me in retrospect). And I have to see anyone who owns a CGT or orders a 918 get so defensive (and most that don't own either are also not so defensive! There is no reason to be). We are here trying to help each other enjoy each other's petrol head experiences (from small to large). You immediately now claim some sort of victimhood here after making some the strongest possible statements about so many things? And, strangely enough, your basic use of the language has now perceptively changed ("bc I owned a cgt in secret for too long"). Is it now 918men? Perhaps not, but so bizarre... Sadly, we should have some sort of authentication system on this site. Given your obvious shyness, just tell us the number of the CGT and 918 that you have owned and ordered and we conspiracists will go away. It only takes 2 seconds to dispel all doubt. And, I personally don't want people on this site who can't be upfront about what they own or can't simply comment their real experiences. But its not my site. I'm sorry if we have been wrong, but your reasoning and reaction now make no sense. Could be obviously wrong here, but why not help us out?
Stephen. You make a very valid argument albeit at 3:30 in the morning your time
All 918 man has to do to gain credibility in this forum is to post a picture of his Pantera sandwiched between his gt3 and cgt (Kodak moment for sure)
Old 10-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Why would 918man, or anyone else, worry about credibility on an online forum dedicated to a car with a production run of 918 cars (and with less than 5% of its owners actually posting on said forum)?

My assumption is that, before he joined Rennlist, 918man was busy running a business or doing brain surgery. As a result, he was able to afford a number of very cool cars. But, now that he has joined Rennlist, he will (like the rest of us) lose some of his ability to lead a productive life. He will need to show great restraint (from posting) in order to afford more cool cars in the future.

P.S. Surely Porsche wouldn't actually attempt to sell a $1 million car by posting in an online forum. That would be highly ineffective at best.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:22 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
Why would 918man, or anyone else, worry about credibility on an online forum dedicated to a car with a production run of 918 cars (and with less than 5% of its owners actually posting on said forum)?

My assumption is that, before he joined Rennlist, 918man was busy running a business or doing brain surgery. As a result, he was able to afford a number of very cool cars. But, now that he has joined Rennlist, he will (like the rest of us) lose some of his ability to lead a productive life. He will need to show great restraint (from posting) in order to afford more cool cars in the future.

P.S. Surely Porsche wouldn't actually attempt to sell a $1 million car by posting in an online forum. That would be highly ineffective at best.
Understand but you get out of it what you put into it just like anything else.

Until I attended some Ferrari events and got to know the guys posting even some guys here I communicate with frequently and have never met.

Why would the internet or this forum have to be thought as a secret hideout?

Over the years I have met a lot of guys from Ferrari Mclaren forums on the race track or major events.

It's too bad there isn't an owners forum to authenticate.

FWIW - I feel it's very productive for owners and hope his business or surgery doesn't become a failure with his 90 some odd posts.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:26 PM
918man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. You guys win.

How does a picture of panamera gts and gt3 side by side with a copy of letter confirming deposit on 918 with the number of my car, 365, by the way. Do I need to pull the cgt out of storage or will you let me pass? Like I said in my post, I dont drive.

Now before I do that, you guys confirm I earn the cred (whatever that means) and all of you must consider how your presumption of guilt and fakeness first is wrong and how it comes off to legit car collectors like me. Just sayin and you will understand why I have never participated before.

Each of you Confirm and I will post pic.

And I m telling you if I need to pull the cgt out I will....... But i ll be pissed

Last piece, once proven.... Hows this....you all will be notified and invited to dealer day my 918 comes in. Show up so I can verify all of you and maybe I ll let you ride in it with me and you can post experience legitimately

Deal?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Embarrassing thread.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Dave 86 930 Fl
Embarrassing thread.
It's definitely not the best of threads.

Last edited by Porsche-Suchtig; 10-25-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Awesome 918man!!!!!!

Now conspiracist theorists will think I work for rennlist and am drumming up excitement for this site! Love challenges, of course.

It usually doesn't take such histrionics to establish one's credibility -- truth be told, as is well recorded here, I initally thought Whoopsy wasn't on the level (somewhat disparaging remarks about a CGT always gets my suspicions going) and he has been a very helpful, fun and valuable addition to the scene here. Although I am still sad about his earlier CGT experience (but it's fairly easy to understand).

It took him one easy email in response to my "insult" and it was clear that he had at least a 918 on the way. Almost there... But when you don't have to hang everything on a car on order, it's much easier.

I have put many pictures here -- a now below a recent one in Milano. And, sad to say, this was during fashion week, and no one noticed the 458 parked besides me (although a really clever car). Autogesplot has photos of my car everywhere.

But a good poker player will naturally increase the odds on a weak hand. You can come visit anytime -- just send me a photo of you and the 918 with a license plate. Until then -- and not to **** you off -- but what is the number of your CGT? (And please don't retract it from the nuclear bomb shelter you stored it in).

That's all. Again, truly love the response (Hemingwayesque actually), but it is so much simpler (at least for me) than that...

Btw, I assume you mean when you write "I don't drive" that you were only referring to the CGT which you well noted before (just after you stated how passé it was).

Others may obviously have different views.

Cheers,

Steve
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

And in Amsteram:
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Better yet near Mannheim:
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:48 PM
918man
Racer

Old 10-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Okay, done!!!! Awesome. Will be there... Cheers, Steve
Old 10-26-2014, 10:24 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave 86 930 Fl
Embarrassing thread.
Why?

What's wrong with getting to know one another?

IMO - what's embarrassing is how few owners of Porsche Super Cars post here incognito.

Since it's in part a Ferrari added a picture from the CCR event in New Orleans.

918man My daughter lives in Chicago would be cool to actually see a 918 keep me posted!
Attached Images     
Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 AM
918man
Racer

I love the scud. Had a 458. Enjoyed it and moved on. I have had a few scuds come by my way but have passed on them.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by 918man
I love the scud. Had a 458. Enjoyed it and moved on. I have had a few scuds come by my way but have passed on them.
Thanks - feel free to give the 16M lots of praise. E-man on here owned it prior and the more love it gets the more pain he feels

I will allow e-man first shot at posting one of the worlds greatest pictures of leather leopard legs and Ferrari.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:27 PM
E-Man
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 130 Posts

You still own that old thing!? Here she is back in her glory years. Doesn't she look happier here?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: LaFerrari - Insane Clown Speed