Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Values

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
It's nice to have cars rising in value, but it makes it harder the drive them. It's easier to drive the 16m knowing it's dropping.

That is an astute observation. Definitely agree
Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

It's nice to have cars rising in value, but it makes it harder the drive them. It's easier to drive the 16m knowing it's dropping.
I've logged 1,000 miles on my CGT in the last 2 weeks and don't regret it for one minute. You can't put a price on the enjoyment it provides. If anything, it makes me want to drive it more. It's like a drug except the only thing it costs me is fuel and tires. Clutch is rock solid on these cars.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if this is true. The CGT has never been a cheap car. Most owners whether they bought it new or used already know what they got themselves into. It is not a 964 RS that was $50k one day then all of sudden 2 years later is a $300k car.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Funny you should mention that - 16M section on Ferrari Life is very active.

16M in the UK is selling above original list as well is the Scuderia.

It is is the only limited production Ferrari that is selling below list so it's just a matter of time.

But if it helps you justifying driving it vs the CGT that's fine
Old 09-17-2014, 06:16 PM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

16M is an amazing car - none available in the UK or i'd have one...thinking 599GTO instead.

Just have to get out and drive these cars - at the end of the day i think the car falls in certain brackets for resale. I've taken mine from 3xxx to 6xxx miles and have loved it! I won't have any issue driving it up to 9k but will probably not want to put the miles on after that as i think anything over 10k will see a larger drop in value but you know what...the car is a toy and if it holds value and i get to use it and enjoy it then i'll be more than happy - any appreciation and it's a bonus. I've worked too damn hard for what i have to let it sit there and look pretty as opposed to it being used as intended.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, 918man, but we often believe lots of things that we don't act on it -- CEOs I knew during the tech bubble kept privately going on how its going to end -- but still didn't sell their shares! We oftentimes don't have the liquidity, confidence or sheer energy to act on our beliefs. We don't have to own a CGT (or 918) to appreciate it... Nuvolari612 is a longtime contributor and I also value your contributions very much. What I can't stand is people bickering on the site or slamming other contributors (and, btw, I was guilty of thinking Whoopsy wasn't real and he was one of the most honest and valuable contributors here). Cheers
Old 09-27-2014, 09:37 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LA Brit
16M is an amazing car - none available in the UK or i'd have one...thinking 599GTO instead.

Just have to get out and drive these cars - at the end of the day i think the car falls in certain brackets for resale. I've taken mine from 3xxx to 6xxx miles and have loved it! I won't have any issue driving it up to 9k but will probably not want to put the miles on after that as i think anything over 10k will see a larger drop in value but you know what...the car is a toy and if it holds value and i get to use it and enjoy it then i'll be more than happy - any appreciation and it's a bonus. I've worked too damn hard for what i have to let it sit there and look pretty as opposed to it being used as intended.
Both great cars - considered the GTO but thought the HGTE was very close to the GTO and when Ferrari tossed the GTO engine in the Aperta it's high on the want list.

Value is always going to be different to all owners. But the CGT naturally aspirated V10 with much better tires then add GMG upgrades I don't think the Ring times would be noticeable vs the 918 unless one was a pro driver.

At best the 918 is 20 ish seconds faster at the Ring than the CGT with the above modifications 10 years later.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-27-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Values