Elusive Dream, the 918.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Johns930
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Elusive Dream, the 918.........

sometimes too good to be true, are actually facts :

1. the 918 is the fastest and best car i ever driven. slow or fast, and even in mute. because theres nothing to compare it to, BAR NONE! ..... until i get behind the wheel of a P1 or laferrari (stay tuned).

2. all the porsche staff, managers, regional bosses, service people....., especially the asian pacific boss Martin has made this a dream and totally satisfying experience. Everybody who was there couldnt ask for more and actually were pleasantly shocked by the 918 hospitality.
No offense, but they make ferrari and mclaren people look worse than chevy salesman. And this is a collaboration of Porsche efforts from four countries!

3. the car is a must buy, it is the fastest u want or dont want any car to be. And with all the bells and whistles u ever want or dont need in a car. I got it up to 295 km/h on the straights and stomp the brakes for a hairpin 50km/h corner better than any car i know. No fuss no drama. Just fast and faster and stability.

4. the electric mode is straight out of a sci-fi movie, it is fast and full of theater. About the funnest thing about the car is the electric mode for me, i love the "wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee" it generates, almost more enjoyable than the very loud exhaust ... next to the full blown track mode.
No straight pipes on my CGT needed in the 918, its loud enough.

5. Its a spider with an easily removable top.

All in all, porsche's asian boss, Martin puts it best :
The 918 is a race car with the most advanced technologies for the road. period.

People keep putting emphasis on its electric mode, hybrid, and its versatility. But thats not the point, yes, it does all those better than any laferrari and p1, but it is a super car that is super fast.
and please dont compare my CGT with the 918, u just cant.

This 918 dream lasted 3 days, and its the best 3 days ever involving cars.
And for those who said porsche made to many?? I think they should make 3000!
since its my dream, please dont ask me anything about my dream, go get ur dream.

Thank you Porsche for making the 918.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 AM
918man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i could not agree with you any more and thats why I will be owner in about 9 months driving it. great write up
Old 08-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Whoopsy
Drifting

Received 1,161 Likes on 502 Posts

That looks like Shanghai from your night city shot, and at the F1 track there I presumed?

295km/hr is quite impressive consider F1 cars tops out around 310-320 there on the back straight.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 PM
CarMaven
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 107 Posts

Congratulations John!!

Please give us updates as you move forward during the process (if/when you get to ride again), and on your eventual experiences when delivered.

Nice write up. Thanks for sharing.

Good Luck!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Quick Reply: Elusive Dream, the 918.........