Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TJF
There may be some softening going on in the market but I think it's short-lived.

I think those who have been speculating on the cars are selling our think that its at the top.
As soon as all the people that are buying the CGT for what it is, and not for an investment. It will start going up again as there is no supply.
Those of us that are car people would not be giving up our CGT, unless financial crisis.

This car is still undervalued as far as I'm concerned and still think it'll be over million-dollar car in five years even with miles.

All we need to do is hang onto our cars and not sell him and supply will decrease to a point that it will be priceless...

Let's all make a pack and only release 4 cars a year to the market..
I know 3 people locally who have bought one in the last 2 weeks. I am glad they are finally moving and will be driven.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:06 PM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJF
There may be some softening going on in the market but I think it's short-lived.

I think those who have been speculating on the cars are selling our think that its at the top.
As soon as all the people that are buying the CGT for what it is, and not for an investment. It will start going up again as there is no supply.
Those of us that are car people would not be giving up our CGT, unless financial crisis.

This car is still undervalued as far as I'm concerned and still think it'll be over million-dollar car in five years even with miles.

All we need to do is hang onto our cars and not sell him and supply will decrease to a point that it will be priceless...

Let's all make a pack and only release 4 cars a year to the market..
+1. The car is 100% undervalued in the Collectors Supercar market. Similar to the guys who watched as Dino's Floated at 40-60k and the guys who sold their Ford GTs at 130-140k these cars will not hold the lower levels.

I pulled the the trigger and mine will probably never leave my collection but you can guarantee it will see the track and be enjoyed.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:54 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 52 Posts

love this. I have loved this car since concept and was far too young when it was released to mske the dream a reality. i am seriously looking to finally secure a car sometime in 2017.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:03 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

As Ive been looking for a CGT I will add to recent confirmed sales.

an 04 with 6900 miles sold for $520K

an 05 red/black sold for under $435k with 27k miles.

As I plan to drive mine, I am not scared of a car with miles (20-30K) as long as it been maintained. If anyone knows of any please PM me.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign

As I plan to drive mine, I am not scared of a car with miles (20-30K) as long as it been maintained. If anyone knows of any please PM me.
Wow, a carrera GT within spitting distance of a pts RS... now that is starting to make sense. I wonder when that v10 needs a full rebuild though
Old 09-27-2016, 10:26 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

... and who had these for sale ...
Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Red one was a private individual who advertised it on some auto forums, the silver one was a dealer in AZ.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:19 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Red one was a private individual who advertised it on some auto forums, the silver one was a dealer in AZ.
9/2/16 red one was at 469k - seller said he wasn't moving lower he had the thing on and off the market forever seemed odd considering how many people attempted to buy the CGT.

Good to see he finally sold it I tried to buy it 4/9/15 - odd response I gave up.

What dealer was the silver one at.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:26 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

i saw and know of some cars in the 400-500 price but they have some major issues. One of them was really funny because the dealer told me the carfax shows a "minor accident".

I guess he considers the fact that the car caught on fire a "minor" issue.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:22 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by SinVodka
i saw and know of some cars in the 400-500 price but they have some major issues. One of them was really funny because the dealer told me the carfax shows a "minor accident".

I guess he considers the fact that the car caught on fire a "minor" issue.
Agree.

Know a CGT that was re - wired to save 12k and it was slop.

A wire burnt and instead of replacing the harness they ran wires individually.

It was at a dealer and sold to another dealer 650k 7k miles not long ago. While at the dealer someone dinged the heck out of the door. Poor guy who was buying his dream was buying a nightmare at 675k.

Buyer beware these cars are meant to be maintained owned and driven by people who spare no expense. Porsche did not care about economics like the 918 the CGT was meant for it's top tier. Things happen and that's ok but put them back together correctly and it's all good. When you look at how many patents were created for the CGT and never passed down like the 918 it's no wonder Porsche claims the CGT cost Porsche near 1m per unit.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
9/2/16 red one was at 469k - seller said he wasn't moving lower he had the thing on and off the market forever seemed odd considering how many people attempted to buy the CGT.

Good to see he finally sold it I tried to buy it 4/9/15 - odd response I gave up.

What dealer was the silver one at.

I have the email where he offered it to me for $435 . I offered $400 . He told me later that someone offered closer to his target price of $435
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I have the email where he offered it to me for $435 . I offered $400 . He told me later that someone offered closer to his target price of $435
Ok and I know someone who offered 450k and he did not accept right before he sold so no offense just find it hard to believe that 435k unless something happened during a PPI which makes sense like I said tried to buy the car 18 months ago but his response was odd when asked for full disclosure.

So what dealer had the silver one.

Reason I am asking - would love to find another while the market is low just not sure the market is as low as described for a one owner 5 - 10k CGT fully documented no accidents no stories all original items.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Guys I will make this really clear.

Don't compare a trashed and thrashed deferred maintenance POS DOG CRAP HISTORY CGT to a cream puff.

This is the entire reason why people misunderstand these cars and their market. Lots of guys that really love and own their car do airplane level maintenance on them and they run like a clock forever. With low miles and meticulous service? That's a premium car.

Other guys roast the tires, brakes, clutch and run over debris and end up with a 500k car.

This is not a 911 and needs to be looked at like what it is- a totally unique Supercar. It's not a beater daily driver and if you are willing to take a dog eared example, don't forget to include how crappy condition (or previously crashed) these cheap ones are.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:24 PM
vintage356
Banned

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Ok and I know someone who offered 450k and he did not accept right before he sold so no offense just find it hard to believe that 435k unless something happened during a PPI which makes sense like I said tried to buy the car 18 months ago but his response was odd when asked for full disclosure.

So what dealer had the silver one.

Reason I am asking - would love to find another while the market is low just not sure the market is as low as described for a one owner 5 - 10k CGT fully documented no accidents no stories all original items.
I am reading all the CGT pricing posts of yours , no offense but you seem way too obsessed with trying to come up with a reason/excuse that every car priced under 600k is too low has a story.. Seems like you are trying to keep the market up with excuses. Don't bother you have a wonderful machine just go drive it and don't worry if cars are trading at 700, 600,500, 400 or 300. Just have fun
Old 09-29-2016, 11:02 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

CJ, I could not have said it better. Premium cars bring a premium price, so-so cars bring a so-so price. I'm kind of like Nuvo, one should be a little more leery of lower priced ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CGT Prices