Ventura Autofest Photowerks pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:22 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ventura Autofest Photowerks pictures

For those of you 964 owners that are interested:

I have a thread on the 993 board featuring some mnmblu "Photowerks" from the Venutra Autofest 40th anniversary of the 911 show. I think you will find some pretty interesting photos for you to look at there. I hope you enjoy.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/159178-mnmblu-ventura-autofest-photos-come-take-a-peek.html

Below is an example of what you will see.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen most of your avatars, if not all.... you are very talented with photoshop! I feel the need to hone my skills soon and step up my avatar a notch. How do you get the nastalgic/cartoonic look in your pics? What are you adjusting to get the contrast and color that way?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:03 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your comments.
Each picture is a different situation and requires different techniques. I never know where I am going till I get there. My muse directs me as I go so there is really no set formula. That is a really hard question to answer. Just experience, I guess.
If I get a chance, maybe I can do something for your avatar. I am swamped right now but I will throw it on the pile and see if I can get to it sometime.
Thanks again
Alan
Old 09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Alan... I appreciate it. I will get back into the PS groove once again also when I get the chace. I have a whole bunch of interesting pics to play with (let me know if you'd like some).
Old 09-24-2004, 05:40 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Hi Kevin,
Sure, I always love to have as many things to work with as possible. If I do use anything from your collection, I would have to have your permission to do so. So... if that's okay with you, feel free to send me and email with the pics at: alan@ASGphotowerks.com
Thanks Kevin
Oh, and I hope you have a lot of free time because to do what I do requires tons of time and most of all loads of patience. Good luck. Especially if you are just leaning. the curve is a long one.
Alan
Old 09-24-2004, 09:13 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Oh I'm still learning alright. I've taught myself enough to see how right you are about the time... these works don't just happen with a click of a button, that's for sure! I'll email you some pics when I sort some out.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Kevin,
You are so right. A lot of people think that photoshop runs itself or something. It's like holding a pallette of paints and brushes in your hand and saying to them, make me something nice. Don't happen that way. You have to know how to use the tools and have the imagination to direct them.
Cya,
Alan